FIVE

BAEKHYUN

"How sure were you that she's the right woman?"

I looked at Chen and he was smiling. I let out a sigh and turned off my computer. "I just know. Chaekyung was a nice woman. She's healthy to carry a Byun inside of her."

Chen shrugged, "I was about to suggest that you should just hire someone from your staff and not someone who just applied." He stood and fixed his coat, "Well, if you really chose someone already... I guess, my candidate would have to wait."

I raised a brow at him. Who is this candidate he's been talking about? Why Chen was confident with her as the woman who I needed?

"Who's your candidate?"

Chen smirked before leaving my office, "I won't reveal her unless it's time."

****

It's another day at work when I noticed a lot of people at my company. I frowned and proceeded to enter the building.

"Good morning, Mr. Byun."

The receptionist greeted me. She was all smiles as she welcomed me inside. Her hands were full of papers —that I assume it's not part of her job. I returned her greeting, "Good morning, Ms. Lee."

She nodded at me before going back to her papers. I walked towards my elevator but turned around to ask her. "Why there's a lot of people in my building?"

"Ah..." She put down the papers and faced me. "Mr. Kim Suho would have a shoot today. He didn't advise you sir?"

Ah. The advertisement. I raised my hand at her and smiled, "I just remembered. Thank you." I walked and entered my elevator.

But my ears didn't fail to catch that small you're welcome. It instantly brightened up my day.

After I settled my bag on the table, the hospital called me.

"Mr. Byun, are you free as of the moment? We need your sperm sample."

I closed my eyes. This is it.

"Yes, I'll be over. Give me five minutes, I'll inform my secretary that I'll be out."

I pressed the intercom to call for my secretary. The door opened and Ms. Ahn greeted me.

"Good morning, Mr. Byun. What can I do for you?"

I handed her some files and grabbed my phone and my wallet. "I'll be visiting the hospital near our building. Just check these files and submit them to the finance team. Suho would be having his photoshoot, just check if they would finish that project today."

Ms. Ahn nodded. "Noted, Mr. Byun."

On my way out, I saw Chen entering. He went to the reception table and grabbed some papers that I saw Ms. Lee was arranging. Was he the one giving another work to my receptionist?

Chen noticed me and we greeted each other. "Yo Baekhyun, where are you going?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at the papers on his hands. "Were you the one giving her extra jobs?"