Your heart was aching at the thought, tears threatening to fall down to your hands. Blinking several times, you try to force your tears away. Suddenly three escape and fall down your cheek. As you were about to wipe them away you hear your office door open. Turning around you see Matthew standing there, piles of paper in his hands.

"M-Ms. (Last Name), h-here's your paper-!"

As he was trying to walk into your office, he tripped over a stray pen and landed on the floor. All the papers flew up into the air and floated back to the floor. Quickly you run over to your trainee and kneeled down in front of him.

"Are you alright Mattie!?"

Looking up from his awkward position on the floor, he blushes.

"Y-Yes... I-I-I'm fine Ms. (Last name)."

Giggling, you pet his soft head of hair and smile.

"You should be more carful, and I told you. Just call me by my first name, _______. I don't like formalities."

Nodding, he looks into your (e/c) eyes and smiles.

"I will Ms- I-I mean _-______!"

Laughing, you help him pick up all the papers and put them into order. Matthew is one of the office's nicest workers. He is so shy that it was hard for him to get along with the other workers, so you decided to befriend him. He's been a really kind guy to you and he was really sweet. He's been there for you in a lot of situations, maybe you should have fallen for him instead. But he knows that you have a mad crush for Gilbert and tries to get you to confess but it never worked.

Putting the last pile of papers on the top of the stack, you smile in satisfaction.

"Okie dokie! You're papers are all in order and stacked properly!"

Smiling up at you, Matthew bows his head slightly and laughs.

"T-Thank you _______. Oh! And here's your papers."

Handing me a pile of papers, I nod and take them in my hands.

"Thanks."

You looked at the first paper and it had another invitation to Gilbert's wedding. 'I guess everyone in the office is invited,' you think as you separated the invite from all the others. Matthew, still in the room, looked at you and realized what you were holding.

"I guess you have heard about the wedding."

You tighten your grip on the printing paper copy of the invite, tears pricking your eyes. Nodding, you watch as a tear falls and leaves a mark on the once dry paper.

"Mhm..."

"I'm so sorry _____... Please don't cry."

He sounded so sincere when he spoke those words to you, and it made your heart just want to let all of the terrible feelings out. Matthew stood next to you and put a hand over yours.

"It will be alright ______..."

At his words you burst into tears. Falling to you knees you bury your face into your hands and continue to cry. Matthew kneels down and wraps his arms around you, comforting you as you cried.

[Time Skip to Wedding Day]

You ended up going to Gil's wedding. Matthew helped you to get over him a bit, but a small part of your love for him still remained. As you walked up to Francis's mansion, you took a deep breath before knocking on the door. Only a second later did the door fly open and you were greeted by a very happy albino man.

"Kesese~ Guten tag ______! Come in!"

As you walked in, wearing a very pretty (f/c) dress that went just below your knees, you looked around and saw that lots of people were eating and dancing. You didn't go to the wedding, instead you went to the reception. It would have been too much for you to go to the wedding and having to hear their vows. So instead you had an excuse and said that there was really bad traffic to Francis's place. Gilbert looked at you with a slightly sad expression.