Diamonds:A Girl's Best Friends pt 9

(A/N): GEEKS RULE! \m/(><)\m/

5:35pm,Milton plaza hotel.

Val's point of view

"Let's just hope we don't run into them."Dee said.

"We won't run into them and even if we do we'll be ready."Leo said.

"And exactly how will we pass through the front gate without getting caught?"Dee said.

"We'll disguise ourselves as the servants.Zack can you get me some cameras with night vision?"Leo said to Zack who nodded.

"Ok we'll just put up some cameras outside the castle,tape whoever goes in and goes out,change of shifts of the security guards,the works.Someone will come out sometime and after a couple of days when we have information regarding the schedule of the servants and guards then we'll take out two of them and Dee and I will enter the castle in their place.We'll be disguised and ofcourse the people we'll be taking the place of will be somewhat similar to us so as not to arouse any suspicion."Leo said.

Dee nodded slowly,the plan was coming together now.

Zack left the room and five minutes later came with a small black bag.He opened the zip and took out three snake cameras.

"Take these,they have night vision,they don't need to be charged, there's a zoom option and they can be controlled by us from here."Zack said handing them to Leo.

"Controlled from here?It's about 200 miles away.What's the range on these things?"Drake said taking one of the snake cameras in his hands.

"Unlimited range"Zack grinned."Actually,I reprogrammed the controlling device in such a way that the cameras can be controlled via satellite.So it doesn't matter how far the cameras are they can always be controlled by us and we'll get better reception and coverage too."Zack said.

"You sure you won't get caught?You're messing with the satellite,isn't it traceable?"Drake asked.

"I'm positive I won't get caught as long as the Eskimo channel viewers don't report the bad reception in Alaska."Zack said jokingly.

Drake smiled slightly.

"I'll go set these up now,anyone up for it?"Leo said taking the

cameras.Drake stood up and followed him out.

Five minutes later Zack turned to us.

"Is Drake ging along with you guys?"Zack asked.

I shrugged and we all looked at one another.

"I'll ask Leo."Dee said sighing.

Drake had been taking part in our discussons and not that he wasn't

helpful or anything but I had my doubts about him too.We had been picking up stuff for three years now but Drake hadn't even done it once.Besides we couldn't afford any complications or screw ups on this task since Marcus's life depended on it.Drake seemed smart enough to handle situations mentally but I wasn't certain about the physical part.

"I think he'll be helpful.Once he gets the hang of it."Dee said.

Yeah but that's just it.Will he get the hang of it in time?

****************************************************************

Zack's point of view

"All set up."Leo said coming in with Drake.

"Okay I'll just start it and..done"I said typing furiously for a minute and then hit enter.

The new window opened in the screen and showed the live video of the Bodiam castle.The cameras had been strategically placed on the bridge in such a manner that it remained hidden from view and yet captured the view of the castle from various angles.

At the right hand corner of the screen a small red light blinked, indicating the video was being recorded. This way we could check the videos from time to time and yet have access to live coverage.It was handy since this way we could check the videos recorded at night with ease.

"So now what?"Val asked in a bored voice.

"I don't know."Leo said shrugging.

Now we had to wait and see what the camera will have recorded for us after a couple of hours and then plan our next move according to it.We would need to get Dee and Leo same clothes as the people they'll be replacing,alter their appeareance accordingly and then set the date for the break in.

We still had to let Drake in on all the techniques of stealing and sneaking too.I had to put finishing touches on the new gadgets I'd brought along with me from home. I rotated my neck slightly and rubbed the muscles on the back of my neck that had become tensed.

"If there's nothing else to do then I'll hit the pool."Val said getting up.

Hmm,not a bad idea.

"I'll join you."I said getting up and setting the laptop on the table.

"Me too"others chimed in and after getting into our swimming clothes we hit the indoor swimming pool on our floor.

We walked in to the swimming pool area and since nobody else was there we jumped into the water at once.

Ah! the cool water felt good and I felt my muscles loosen up.I swam with the others for a while then we changed and grabbed a bite to eat at the restaurant downstairs.

We headed back upstairs and Leo began to tell Drake about how we rolled(street slang for our style of doing things).

I pulled out the gadgets from the carrier I had brought along with me. I pulled out six CSGs,a dozen SEPs,two X10's,Intrusions gears, Tracers, Biometric Hacker and various other items.

Val and JJ came over and began to look at them with interest.

"Zack,what is this?"Val said holding out the laser and then

before I could say something she pressed the sides and then poof! laser emitted and since it was pointed at the curtains the hem of the curtain caught fire.

"Fire!"Val squealed and Leo sprang up,grabbed the flower vase from the table and threw the water from the flower vase on it, immediately extinguishing the small fire.

Val dropped the laser and everyone looked at me.

"Ok,I'll tell you what they are just don't touch them till I've

finished."I said sighing.

This is going to take a while......

********************************************************

A/N:Snake cameras,flexible wire-like cameras,good or reaching hard to reach places.I'm sure you must've seen them in some movie.They exist.

CSGs:Crossbow Syringe Gadgets,mentioned in 2nd chap.Existence unknown.My invention.

SEPs:Spy Ear Pieces,in my story they perform the functions of

bluetooth.They look kind of like hearing devices designed to appear

invisible.They exist.

X10's:Made this up.Advanced version of DX1.

DX1 Input system is a keyboard in which you stick the keys where you want and tell each key what you want it to do,it's basically for gamers but in this story I made up an advanced version of it(X10) with a built in hacking system.I'll repeat the info on this in the next chaps as well just incase you're confused.

Intrusion gears:It is basically a grappling hook with rope that is used by throwing the grappling hook to the place where you are going to climb and then once the hook is stuck you climb the rope to the place you want to go.It exists.

Tracers:GPRS tracking device.You put this on the thing you want to

track.This is not the exact description but I'm sure you get the idea.

Biometric Hacker:A gadget that can lift,copy and provide various things like voice recognition, palm, hand and fingerprint scanning, iris and retina reading, hand vein imagery, facial 3d modeling verification,etc of the person who activates the security system.My invention.Don't know if it exists.

More will be revealed later on.Stomach this much info for now ;) Thank you for reading! <3