Chapter 16

SONG - MY LOVE - MAJID JORDAN

"Avocados? Are they on the list?" Jason asked me playfully juggling to medium sized avocados in both hands. I giggled reaching out and picking only one to place in my trolley "Yes but stop playing with those we're in public."

He spun around throwing the rejected Avocado back into the pile "You're a party pooper Ryan."

I rolled my eyes "Because I didn't let you play with the cauliflower?"

He faked a pout "I was just touching not playing with them. Don't accuse me just because you're cute."

"My being cute has nothing to do with this." I defended. He had a devilish gleam in his eyes "Yes it does."

"What-" but before I could finished my sentence, he'd pressed his lips over mine for half a second.

"Sneaky." I said simply while stacking some Rice Krispy treats into the trolley.

"Cute." He said sticking out his tongue.

I laughed pecking his cheek "No playing around or we'll never finish up grocery shopping."

Jason sighed dramatically "If we must."

When he volunteered to go shopping with me, I expected more help and less goofing. But the truth was that I truly didn't mind either way. Spending time with Jason doing anything was enough for me. After my lunch date with Astrid, I'd been a little too anxious and very nervous. Jason had noticed but I managed to give excuses for my behavior. She was right; if I really was serious about Jason and willing to take this further than my previous relationships, I needed to tell him everything about myself.

The good, the bad and the ugly. Especially the ugly.

"Can we get some yogurt too?" Jason asked.

"Sure. Why?"

"Because I want to make something special back at your apartment for us." He replied with a smile.

My heart fluttered little "With yogurt?"

"I'll have you know that there's a lot you can do with yogurt." He frowned playfully. I rolled my eyes "Alright, I won't question you Gordon Ramsey."

I turned back to pick some cereal but I felt a light tap on my butt. He just smacked my ass. I faced him incredulously "Jason?!"

"What?" He asked innocently.

"You're going to get us kicked out from here." I whisper-yelled. My face was as red as a tomato.

"Relax babe." He said crowding my space. "We have rights." I couldn't deny the fact that his naughtiness turned me on but it was inappropriate where we were. I was sure that none of the moms who shopped here frequently would appreciate the sight of two young men with hard-ons.

"Not the right to scar innocent children we don't." I deadpanned. "And you've much more touchy than normal. Anything the matter?"

He shrugged "Just trying to be more attentive if it will get you out of the funk you're in."

His reply made me smile. It was great to be with a guy who made me smile the way Jason did. This was all the more reason that I couldn't lose him.

Jason just smiled "You're amazing."

Then it all came crashing down in my head. I wasn't amazing. He only saw the front I decided to put up as amazing. If he knew the real me, he wouldn't think so. The guilt pressing through me was so heavy.

"We should get the yogurt." I said instead walking towards the fridge. He looked confused at my behavior but decided to leave me be "Um ok then. I'll just get some peas and pasta too."