Chapter 5

-------------------------

this is mostly just to keep our blood pressures leveled ;) And I missed updating this story so much

---------------------------

By the time I reached the Golden Town restaurant, Jay and his boyfriend Patrick were already seated in their usual booth close to the windows. I wasn't by any means late; it's just that those two had an annoying habit of making me feel that I was with the way they constantly popped in early. Patrick was whispering something in Jay's ear when he arrived which was causing the other male to laugh quietly. Being who I was, I decided to mess with them a little.

"Why I never!" I said loudly causing them both to jerk away and a few heads to turn towards our table. Jay had a murderous look on his face while Patrick just smiled and shook his head at my antics.

"Oh hi Ryan, I'd hug you now I'm too busy trying to control the urge to punch you for distracting me from my boyfriends' luscious lips." Was how Jay greeted me.

"At least now the poor boy can breathe." I said sitting down.

"It's ok Ryan. He's just a little testy because he's hungry." Patrick said in that charming Australian accent of his.

"I resent that." Jay said making us all laugh.

The waiter came to hand us our menus "So how's work going Patrick?" normally I tried my best to include Patrick in our conversations and not make him feel like the third wheel like I was prone to doing when Jay and I first became friends. That was why he joked sometimes that I was his competition. Jay just wanted us to get along which we did mostly.

"Work's amazing. My bosses got a look at that new compressor I designed and they said it could go into the next model we're making." Patrick replied excitedly. He worked as an engineer for a large electronics company which produced home appliances and earned a pretty good living. His main inspiration for work as he told me once was to continue working in his dream career and to provide a great life for Jay.

It was quite remarkable to me that he paid part of Jay's college tuition since the boy was kicked out of his parents after he came out of the closet. The other half was from a moderate sum of money left to Jay by his grandma when she died since she was the only one who accepted his sexuality.

Even though I didn't believe in love, it was hard not to admire their complete devotion to each other.

"That sounds awesome. Remind me to ask for a discount with your name the next time I wanna buy a washing machine." I smirked.

He grinned "Noted. So what about you how's life?"

"Life's great I guess. College is an absolute bitch but at least I'm on top of everything." I replied scanning through the menu before finally seeing something that I liked. "Plus I dumped Brian last night."

"Oh seriously? I literally thought he was going to be the one." Jay said with a teasing tone that said he wasn't completely surprised.

I rolled my eyes "Not when that asshole thought it was ok to put his hands on me."

"He did what?" Jay asked alarmed.

"He just rough handled me a little but I knocked some sense back into the idiot." I replied confidently.

"Then I'm glad you broke up with him then. It's never ok for anyone to ever think that they have the right to hit you." Jay said in all seriousness.

"You're right babe." Patrick said softly to him before giving me a smile. Even if they thought that I lived my life a little on the crazy side, they were still very good friends. I'd only ever had one friend in my life that could rival them.