(26) That Will Teach Him

Start from the beginning

I felt Colby's head nod. "Yes, he had the men bring it on the ship and place it in your room. It was a right squeeze I tell you, we had to screw the legs off to fit it through the door."

"But why?"

"Well because he thought it might remind you of home and help you not to miss your family so much. I was quite surprised he thought of it to be honest." He said grudgingly.

I opened my mouth back no words came out. I didn't know what to say. I was still angry. And although this beautiful gift didn't excuse his actions, I felt myself giving in slightly.

"You know," Colby began, "as much as I dislike my brother, you shouldn't blame him for what happened in his room the other day. He doesn't have any control over it Circe, it happens randomly," Cobalt smiled gently, "He didn't mean to hurt you and although he doesn't show it, I know that he is upset that you are ignoring him."

The guilt intensified at his words. Did Obsidian think that I was ignoring him for the same reasons that everyone else did? When I thought about it, I realized that that could very well be true. My fists clenched. But I couldn't go back to pretending everything was normal! He had tried to steal my memories from me!

Cobalt felt my tension and began rubbing my arms again. "Obsidian isn't very nice at times Circe, but he rarely does things for no reason. There is always something behind his actions that is worth listening to."

I jumped slightly feeling as though he had just read my mind. Twisting my head around I looked up at studied his eyes. Could he know? Did he know?

His eyes gave nothing away as he squeezed my shoulder firmly. "Come on, come with me. It's time you stopped moping and started training again."

I huffed and turned away. "I don't want to." I said stubbornly. "It's stupid. The only thing I can do is hand wrestling, the swords are too heavy and I can't even throw a dagger straight!"

Cobalt laughed at my outburst, causing my scowl to deepen. "I didn't take you for a quitter." He teased, nudging me playfully.

"I'm not a quitter." I grumbled.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not!" I protested. "I just ... don't want to do it anymore."

"Such a quitter." He scoffed.

"Say that one more time." I growled. "Go on, I dare you."

Cobalt's lips twitched and his eyes twinkled mischievously.

And then his mouth opened.

"QUITTER!" He roared as he leaped up, tossing me back onto the bed before sprinting from my room, cackling manically.

"Get back here!" I yelled, racing after him. "Face me like a man!"

"Q-u-i-t-t-e-r!" He sang, opening the door at the end of the hall and slamming it behind him.

Reaching the door handle I tugged at it but it wouldn't open and when I heard a gleeful laugh from the other-side of the door I knew he was holding it closed.

"Cobalt let me though!"

"Are you going to quit yet?" He teased, his tone playful.

Letting go of the door I folded my arms crossly. How I hated him at the moment. Stupid Pirates and their immatureness.

"Fine." I grumbled. "I get your point, no more quitting."

"Finally!" He cried, flinging the door open and tugging me into his arms. "Come on Princess, let's go train my way."