(26) That Will Teach Him

Start from the beginning

The corners of my eyes felt hot. Had he been in on the whole removing my memory thing as well? Had he seen it as a chance to get closer to me?

He couldn't have, my heart whispered. He was surprised when you kissed him, if he had known then he would have been a better actor.

Grudgingly, I got to my feet and padded over to the door, turning the lock and cracking the door open. Cobalts worried face peered through the gap and I couldn't help but think of Obsidian as I looked at his features, my face burning hot with shame.

Cobalt pushed the door open wider and entered the room, pulling me into his arms and giving me a strong hug. "What's with that expression hmm?"

I buried my face in his shirt, "I'm sorry," I said, my voice muffled by the fabric.

I felt him sigh, and then he pulled me with him, sitting us down on the bed and tucking me under his arm. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he said, squeezing my shoulder.

I leaned against him, soaking in his warmth as I stared down at my hands. If he knew the truth, would he still say that? I was so embarrassed, but he did deserve to know.
However, the aftermath of him finding out, I did not particularly want to witness. He would confront Obsidian. There was not doubt in my mind.

"You know you can tell me anything," Cobalt said seriously.

I turned to look at him and his silver eyes stared sincerely down at me. I offered him a small smile and wipe the corners of my eyes.
"I know," I replied thickly, "I know, it's just ...it's just hard."

He nodded slowly before tactfully changing the subject, "we are nearly there now you know, Hobbs said it would only be about three more days."

I looked at him in surprise. Only three more days till we arrived and I still didn't know where we were going. Had that much time really passed?

We had entered the lily sea two days back and there had been no problems so far as we glided through the magical flowers. Hobbs and I had had to dive into the ocean the night before we reached it to make sure that the ship would clear the reef that loomed below the sparkling waters. It had been tight but we had just managed to scrape over the top, the crew members who knew our secret had been rowing furiously on the oars and a great cheer had gone up as we swum to the surface to announce that we were over.

"Only three more days?" I whispered.

"Yes."

"And you still aren't going to tell me where we are going?"

Colby chuckled. "Nope." He sent me a grin, "But I promise you will love it Princess."

I wondered about that statement. Would it be true? Would I love where-ever it was we were going? How could he be so sure?

Cobalts pressed a rough kiss into my hair, "Come on now, enough moping in your room. If there is something that has happened, that you don't want to tell me, fine. But what are you going to do about it?"

His words sunk in slowly and I flushed again. He was right, what was I going to do about it?

My eyes landed on the piano that was gathering dust in the corner. With everything that had happened, I had completely forgotten about it but now was as good as time as any to ask and so I did.

"Colby?"

"Mmm?"

"Who put the piano in my room?"

He chuckled, "I was wondering when you were going to ask about that. Obsidian brought it for you."

My eyes widened in amazement. "Obsidian did?" I asked incredulously.