Chapter 19: The Calm Before the Storm Part 1: Nothing ventured nothing gained

Start from the beginning

"We received some trust worthy Intel on the location of the space bridge and I'm satisfied with that victory for the time being and I'll leave it at that." He snapped before letting his snarl fall. " but as for Optimus.... I don't know what we can do to find him."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked.

"No, not at present when the mission begins however, I'll need you here helping Rafael man the ground bridge." He replied.

"Alright, so when's the big day?" she asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon. I don't wish to wait any longer than that." He replied "We might miss our chance."

"Right." She replied "I just hope this works."

"You and I both" he replied as he continued to work at the main terminal.

Ratchet was a funny guy. He was usually hot headed and uptight, but on occasions usually when it was just him and one other person/bot he was a lot calmer and a lot less hot headed. Or perhaps he only acted up when he was irritated. None would ever truly know, but one thing about Ratchet was certain. He had a love for knowledge. Not one that could rival Orion Pax, but perhaps one that could rival that of herself and Rafael. Taking that in mind her mind she placed her minds eye on the glasses. The way they acted. It was almost as though they were alive or perhaps it was more like something was controlling them from a distance.........and if that were true then.....

"Ratchet ?" she asked

"What is it NightRaider?" he asked a small bit of annoyance entering his tone.

"Is it possible to turn an Autobot into an AI?" she asked

"Yes, but that's true of any dead sentient being." He replied " All an Ai is is the copy of a dead individuals brain or processor that's then transferred or downloaded into a super computer or something like that. It has been a while a since I brushed up on something like that. Why do you ask?"

" I was just curious." She replied

" And Primus is a scraplets' sire" he replied " What did you find out?"

" It's not what I found. More of whom I found."

" Spit it out. What happened."

"Ok let's just get to the point. There is a human on the Nemsis Ratchet, but she's different. She has this weird air about her I can't place." She began " She helped me escape the Nemesis three months ago and I've only recently seen her again and this time we traded something until I could fix her glasses."

"A human is with the Decepticons?! he exclaimed. "and you think now is a good time to tell us?!"

"It never came up." she replied " but right now that isn't the point."

" Then what is?!" he demanded.

"I think I can use her glasses to find Optimus and the Nemesis but they...... exploded....." she replied

"Bring them here." He replied "and make it fast.' He replied with no small sense of urgency. Doing so NightRaider acted swiftly and brought the remains of the glasses to him.

As soon as Ratchet began scanning the small device his mouth opened in no small sense of awe. They were a marvel of science. He didn't even know what they were made of. They were completely foreign to him aside from small hints of human and Cybertronian tech here and there. " You said this human gave you these?" he asked

"Well not gave per-say. She wanted me to fix them." she replied " so if you wouldn't mind please don't break them any more.....she's kinda scary."

"What do you mean?" he asked optic ridge raised.

"She just has this look...this look I can't explain it's like...." She replied before taking a deep breathe " Ok just to put it in simple terms it's a look that says 'I've killed things bigger than you and your friends so don't cross me'" .

"I see." He replied not really paying attention anymore as he continued to tinker and repair the small device. It took a while for him to figure it out but when he did he couldn't keep the excitement off his face as he plugged them into the monitor and said " you said this has an AI in it?

"Its something.... She replied "and whatever it is its' autonomous."

"Right then...." replied Ratchet as he plugged it into the monitor " lets see what it knows."

As the screen pulled up the Heads up display of the small devices they displayed Vitals which they could only assume belonged to the young human. However, any trace of intelligent life or the AI Siege was nowhere to be found. Ratchet searched through file after file until he came across what looked like an encrypted file. It read 'Nemesis 1.5' and once he accessed it he found that he had access to every camera in the nemesis and he meant every camera. It was almost scary. How could a small human have hacked passed Soundwave? Perhaps she hadn't it could've been her Ai or whatever it is NightRaider thought she saw.

Either way Ratchet began to switch between cameras searching for some clue to Optimus' where abouts, but he came up empty. That is until he found the camera that over looked the energon storage room only to find a certain red and blue bot as well as a small human exiting the room just beyond the storage room. Ratchet guessed it was to refuel, but who could guess either way it was a huge relief to see Optimus alive and well. Well...... as well as he could be in the given situation.

However, the closer he looked the more Ratchet noticed the strange jerky motions Orion was making. Was he injured? No.... it was a nervous walk. Like a sparkling trying to do something wrong in view of his carrier or like someone who was being watched.....Either way it was not a good sign. Then all of a sudden the young girl stopped touched her head looked at the camera dead on for a moment or two until she smiled before leaving with Optimus. Not even a second later NightRaiders phone went off.

Picking it up, she looked to see a message from an unknown number. "Thank you for what ever you did NightRaider. Now that you've helped me I can help you. The GPS locating system on the glasses goes both ways. You can find me and I can find you Savvy? Anyway use the GPS coordinates to bridge Orion and I out of here when you can. In the mean time I need to disable this virus before we leave. Just in case Soundwave has any bright ideas. I understand that this mission is to take place tomorrow. I've told Orion nothing of any great importance only what he need to know for him to be willing to leave. All I can say is you better make sure I don't regret trusting you cause we're only gonna have one shot at this and if we screw it up we're all as good as dead. Also don't bother messaging back without my glasses im pretty much useless on the communication end. Whatever you did fixed the long distance issue so thanks for that. When its time to leave just turn the glasses back on until then leave them off. We'll be in Orion's berth room from here on aside from a few contingency issues that I'll deal with as I see fit. Until then

AB.

"Did that pop up on your screen too Ratchet?" asked NR

"Yes....yes it did." He replied

"At least that solves that problem" thought NightRaider. The game has begun the pieces are in motion and all there is left to do is wait. However, despite all the odds NightRaider wasn't worried she was calm. They don't call it the calm before the storm for no reason.

( Love you bros hope you like it. hearts love peace and joy. God Bless you all )