Chapter XXIX Happily, Royally, After

Chapter 29 Happily, Royally, After

Caleb

Loving Jason that night may have been one of the best things Caleb ever decided on. Not only did it help them get through the night, but it felt as though they'd been brought closer together. From the very moment Caleb entered Jason, though Jason's face screwed up in discomfort, Caleb managed to lock eyes with him. Jason was his, and he was Jason's. The feeling of possession was alien to Caleb, but man did it feel good.

They managed to pull off another round, save a few awkward moments in varying positions, and the second time was just as blissful as the first round. If not more so.

Caleb took it upon himself, something of a smug smile, anytime he caught Jason's cheeks heat up when they looked at each other. This happened more so when Jason caught Caleb looking at him. Silent suggestions that there was a promise of more moments like this for them in the future. Caleb would do it again and again and again, until their hearts burst of joy so great... well he had no idea how to put an epic ending to that sentence.

Either way, he would be willing to do it again with Jason. Even though Jason was another guy, something Caleb would have gotten very uncomfortable with if someone told him last summer that he would get with another guy, and to like it. Well Caleb more than just liked it. He loved it. And he starting to realize, he may have fallen more in love with Jason.

As if that were possible!

Love. It hurt. That's what Caleb found himself feeling since that night, but speaking of that night, Jason had woken up with a start. They'd been lying in each other's arms after the third round, each round easier than the last for Jason. Since they were so close, wearing nothing at all and limbs tangled for miles, Caleb felt Jason's heart flutter wildly before opening his eyes. Caleb had only been watching Jason's peaceful face for only fifteen seconds. Not that he was counting.

Eyes fluttered followed by the heart, causing Caleb's own heart to flutter with his. This was the first time Caleb experienced the first real sting of love for the first time. Where there any small thought of harm, that could harm Jason in any way, caused pain to Caleb. Life with Caleb wasn't going to be easy, even with the promise of true love. There were many things Jason was due to go through. Like reclaiming his lands (if he had any left), dealing with the paparazzi and other things Caleb couldn't be there for. Since they were engaged, couldn't he be there? More so?

Caleb would love nothing more, than to be with Jason every second of the day. It hurt thinking they were going to have to part ways in the near future. Caleb was already driving himself crazy even thinking about what, how/what Jason would be doing when they were apart. It all happened in those fifteen seconds.

So when Jason finally woke up, all the way, Caleb found himself making a shushing like gesture. Calming Jason would in turn, calm him down too. The world was harsh and could be a very judgmental place. Surely, everyone had to face it, in any dose, but if Caleb could be there, by Jason's side. It wouldn't be so hard anymore.

So to hell with the paparazzi. Caleb would face them all and officially get over his fear if meant he could stay by Jason's side a bit longer.

"What time is it?" Jason might have sat up but since their limbs were still tangled, it was less than half an attempt.

"Almost morning." Caleb responded in a calm voice. In all honestly, the sun had already risen, but Caleb was willing to watch a sleeping Jason. Something about watching his peaceful face, cradled between his arms brought him serenity.