Chapter 13: You Only Know Your Lover When You Let Her Go

A few days later a few events had happened. Simon and Isabelle had announced their new relationship, Clary and Alec were now currently in a relationship and there were some new Shadowhunters transferring to the New York Institute. But there was no sign of Jace anywhere. All in all over the past few days Clary had felt bad about yelling at Jace that day he almost killed Alec, even though she loved Alec she still cared for Jace so she went to his room to apologise. Once she was there she knocked on the door. "Jace..." she sighed "look I know maybe you don't wanna see me right now but I just wanted to say that I'm... I'm sorry." There was no answer so Clary knocked again. "Jace seriously I'm sorry can you let me in?" She said leaning against the door. A few minutes went by and there was still no answer. In the end Clary ended up reaching for her Stele "alright Jace!" She yelled from outside determined "I'm coming in!." Using the opening Rune she managed to open the locked door and burst through it, pushing it wide open. What Clary saw once inside was shocking, there was no sign of Jace anywhere and his stuff was gone. Noticing a note pinned to the wall Clary walked towards it and picked it up. She read it to herself and was shocked at the words Jace had written down. "Dear Clary, Alec, Simon and Izzy I have decided that I am no longer needed round here anymore, I'm going to Idris, don't try to stop me or come after me .p.s. I am deeply sorry Clary for what I did, you deserve to be happy but just know that I will always love you I guess you only know your lover when you let her go. –Jace." Clary dropped the note in pure shock, tears burned in her eyes but for some reason they would not come. "Oh Jace I... what have I done" Clary said sinking down the wall and onto the cold floor. She began to break down and blame herself, because of her Jace was gone and he was never coming back.

A few hours later Clary gathered everyone up and showed them the note from Jace. Maryse yelled at Clary for what she had said while Alec defended her against his mother. Isabelle tried to calm the situation... well the argument anyways. "Everyone calm down! Mother it wasn't Clary's fault and anyway Jace did try to kill Alec." Isabelle looked over at Simon for reassurance and he nodded in agreement "Izzy's right!" He yelled "shouldn't Jace be stripped of his Runes and banished or something?." Alec looked at them both "I hate to say it" he said "but the bloodsucker is right Jace broke the accords and the rules of the Clave." Clary just stared watching them until she finally spoke. "Why are we even standing around arguing for?" she said "shouldn't we go after Jace or something?." Alec looked at a Clary and held her close "Clary it's too late" he said "Jace is gone and there's no way we can get to Idris without a portal." Clary sighed "this is all my fault!" She started to tear up "if I hadn't yelled and been so hard on him he wouldn't be feeling so worthless and he'd probably still be here!." Simon brought Clary into a hug "don't blame yourself Clary" he said "it isn't your fault, maybe Jace is much happier in Idris." Clary smiled a little and wiped her tears "maybe your right Simon." She looked at him and smiled and Alec came over to her and kissed her cheek. Clary smiled and they all went back to training or tracking Demons.

A few months later everything had got better and once again some new events had happened. Clary was now engaged to Alec Lightwood and would be Clary Lightwood within a few months later. Isabelle had bought a new cook book and her cooking got even better day by day and she no longer burnt food. While meanwhile Alec's parents Maryse and Robert Lightwood had moved to Idris where they moved into a house not far from the neighbourhood Jace was living in and now called home.

THE END