Chapter 8: The Rescue

Clary was locked up inside what was known as "Hotel of Death." She slammed at the walls holding her in and cried. She didn't have her stele with her as she had left it at the institute in her room so she couldn't use it to draw the opening Rune to break the walls and escape. She was scared for her life and heard the vampires talk of a new snack waiting in the dungeon. Clary gulped knowing they meant her and hugged the bars hoping that Jace would come and rescue her.

Alec had geared up and he, Isabelle, Simon and some of the other Shadowhunters had left to find Clary. Isabelle had yelled at Jace before they left to save Clary telling him that he didn't have a right to come with them.

~Flashback~
Izzy stood to greet Jace as he came down from upstairs with weapons attached to his belt. "Right lets go get Clary" he said with a serious face smirking. "Jace wait" Izzy stopped him "I think it's better if you don't come." Jace was shocked and looked at her "what! No way Clary is my life and my responsibility I am coming!" He yelled. Izzy slapped him "listen to me Jace!" She said "your not coming!." Jace looked at her glaring "ow Jesus what the hell was that for!?" He yelled angrily rubbing his cheek with his left hand. "You heard me Jace!" Izzy said reaching for her golden whip, you don't have the right to come with us!."
~End of Flashback

Alec was the first to lead the team out of the institute. They made their way towards the hotel of death and once they got there Izzy used her stele to draw the opening Rune to open the doors. The Shadowhunters entered the building and looked around, holding their blades out in case of any vampires sneaking up on them. Meanwhile Clary was crying inside the dungeon when suddenly she heard someone coming "hello?" She said "over here I'm–" she paused seeing a vampire walking to the cage bars "hmmm thought I was your little little Shadowhunter friends huh?" He laughed "well give up honey because they're not coming." Clary got angry and grabbed him throat pulling him up against the bars "you'd better let me go! Jace and the others are gonna come for me your nothing but a bloodsucking–." Suddenly Clary was cut off as the vampire sank his fangs into her neck. She screamed and begged him to stop but he didn't and continued to bite. Alec with the Shadowhunters not too far away heard her screams "come on!" He yelled and ran towards the dungeon. The vampire was sucking Clary's blood and she couldn't hold on much longer. She was in pain, tears were streaming down her face and she was screaming. Alec got there just in time and saw what was happening. When he saw Clary's frightened face rage hit him and he ran towards the vampire and stabbed his blade through his back. The vampire screamed and let Clary go pulling the bars off and passing out, the bars falling on top of him. Clary could hold on no longer and passed out and fell to the ground. "Clary!" Alec ran towards her and caught her before she hit the ground. Clary looked up at him before she closed her eyes "Alec?... y-you came for m-me...." Alec looked at her as she closed her eyes "it's ok Clary, I've got you and of course I came for you I'll always protect you Clary" he said. Alec tried to draw the healing Rune on Clary to heal her but it wasn't working. "Isabelle!" He called panicked, Isabelle ran over to him along with the other Shadowhunters behind her. She knelt down towards Clary and looked at Alec "what is it?." Alec tried to hold back tears "the Runes aren't working" he said looking at Clary in his arms. "We have to get her back to the institute!" Isabelle said more panicked than Alec, Clary was her best friend and she didn't want to lose her. "Alright" Alec said and nodded. Just then Simon ran up to them "guys we got trouble Vampires are coming I fought a couple myself but then there were more they are coming this way and–" Simon paused noticing Clary. "Oh my god Clary! What happened to her? Alec do something!" He said angrily. Alec stared at him "I can't do anything mundane!" He said "the Runes aren't working we need to get Clary back to the institute, let's go." Simon nodded and after dealing with a few vampires they escaped from the Hotel of Death, running up the street with Clary in Alec's arms. By the time they reached the institute Alec had became even more worried to the point where he thought he was going to have a panic attack and pass out. They all headed inside and called a warlock to check if Clary was responding and that she was going to be ok.