Chapter 6: Kidnapped

Clary woke to the sound of birds outside her window. She got up and rubbed her eyes still a little tired. She looked around to search for Alec but he was gone and it was only her in the bed. She sighed and got dressed then headed downstairs for breakfast. When she got to the institute kitchen Jace was leaning against doorframe in the doorway. "Good morning my beautiful Angel" he said wrapping his arms around her. Clary smiled looked into his bright golden eyes. "Good morning my brave Shadowhunter" she said and leaned up to kiss him. They both wrapped their arms around each other's waists and kisses each other. Isabelle was coming down the hallway and walked past them. "Good morning love birds," she smirked and walked past them and sat at the table. Jace pulled away from Clary and went to join Izzy at the table, Clary following behind. "Good morning Miss Lightwood" he grinned at her and Isabelle pulled a face "morning Mr Wayland" she grinned saying the same thing to him "do you want some breakfast?." Jace shot her a look "depends..." he answered "are you going to cook it?." Isabelle smiled "well of course duh" she said. Everyone looked blankly at her "what?" She said. Just then Alec entered the kitchen "good morning everyone" he said walking towards the table and sitting down next to Clary "what'd I miss?." Jace smiled "not much you missed Isabelle's cooking lectures" he chuckled and smirked. "Hey!" Isabelle glared at him "my cooking isn't that bad let me cook you guys something like maybe pancakes or I don't know." Jace stared at her "are you kidding me? The last time you cooked pancakes for breakfast they were all black... no thanks." Jace looked at Clary and Alec who were laughing. Isabelle shot him a death glare "hey! they weren't that bad don't judge my cooking Wayland!" she said angrily. Alec grinned "I think it's abit late for that Izzy" he chuckled abit. Suddenly the institute doorbell rang, "I'll get it" said Clary getting to her feet and heading for the door "it's Simon he said he'd come round and help me with something." Jace rolled his eyes "oh great so the blood sucking mundane is here... nice," Isabelle slapped him with her golden wip. "Oh shut up Jace have some human decency" she rolled her eyes as Jace cried out in pain "ow my shoulder, watch it!" He said. Clary opened the doors and Simon stood firmly on the doorstep. "Hey" she said and brought him forward into a hug. "Hey" Simon smiled and hugged her tightly, he stepped inside and the doors closed behind him. "Simon!" Isabelle ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him to hug him tightly. "Hey Izzy" he said and smiled warmly at her "your just in time" Isabelle said "I was just about to make pancakes c'mon," Isabelle dragged him off into the Kitchen and Clary smiled and shook her head, following after them. "Oh god please no I don't want another burnt breakfast" Jace moaned but Isbelle just rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour and walked up to the cooker. Alec laughed "uh oh Izzy is making pancakes again," Clary smiled at him and laughed too. "Mmm hmm I thought that might happen" Simon said and pulled out a white bag "here" he said placing it on the table "I knew Izzy was going to start cooking so I bought breakfast for everyone." Jace shot his arms in the air in relief "oh thank god!" He said "thank god for the mundane!." Clary giggled at Jace's reaction and after Isabelle had returned to the table after seeing the breakfast Simon had bought they all sat down to eat.

Later when everyone was finished and Simon had helped Clary with what she needed him to do Alec grabbed her arm. "Come with me Clary I want to teach you some techniques outside the institute." Clary smiled and took his hand "ok" she said, then looked at the others. "We'll be back soon Alec is going to teach me some things" she told them and within a few seconds they were running down the hallway and through the institute doors to the outside world. Alec let go of her hand and handed her a weapon. "Ok" he said "so you think your strong, you think you can be a Shadowhunter, one of us? Try it." He grinned and took out his weapon and they began to fight. Clary's reflexes were fast but not as fast as Alec's and it wasn't long before he had plunged her to the ground. Clary looked up at him and he smiled as he looked over her. Clary got to her feet and looked at him "wow your good" she said a small smile spread across her face as she tried not to act disappointed that she had lost. Alec smiled again "you'll get there" he said "but we need to work on your speed and reflexes abit more." Suddenly out of nowhere a car sped and pulled up next to Clary and Alec it knocked Alec aside and he hit the ground at a rapid force. Clary gasped watching him hit the ground but suddenly a strong arm grabbed her. "Hey let me go!" She cried struggling to get out of the man's grip. Before she knew it Clary was dragged into a car and was struggling to get out of the mans grip. "Alec!" She yelled as she tried to stop herself from being dragged into the car. "Alec! Alec!" She was scared and tried to pull away as Alec quickly got to his feet and shock and concern hit his face. "No! Clary hold on!" He yelled and ran towards the car but it was too late, Clary was pulled into the car and it sped away spinning off on two wheels then darting down the street. "ALEC!" Clary screamed as the car pulled off and the window was rolled up. Alec gasped and pulled out his bow to shot at the car but missed as it rounded a corner. Alec ran to catch up with the car but it sped up and he lost sight of it. "CLARY!" He screamed after her as the car disappeared and he fell to his knees, he had failed to protect her.