Chapter 25- The Seductress

Start from the beginning

We head into the stalls, almost in synchronization, and wait for the two to leave. Finally after a few long minutes that seemed to drag on forever they left and we could hear their car restart before pulling away. It must be nice to leave and go wherever you want, never having to worry.

“Get over it!” Iris complained shooting out of her stall and locking the door to the bathroom before turning her gaze on me.

“Can you read my mind?”

“It’s not hard to feel the panic through these thin walls Aura. You always have it around you and you can’t seem to just let it go!”

“Well sorry I haven’t really had much experience in people trying to kill me!” I yell back equally outraged. Iris pulls out her gun and points it at my forehead.

“Looks like you are going to get your first experience. Now I’ve never liked you that much Aura but if you can answer what I want to know I won’t kill you.”

“Iris!” Fran starts to shout in protest.

“No Fran she needs this.” Iris yelled at her before turning back to me. “Now give me the correct answer and you’ll live.”

I don’t respond and stand there numbly. She wasn’t really going to kill me, was she? I always knew Iris had been a loose cannon but not this loose. I stared at the barrel of the gun and my body starts to tremble with fear. She won’t kill me, I think but then again it is Iris.

Like a flip was switched I figured it would be best that someone I knew was going to kill me and not an unknown face. This way I would know who to haunt. I still shook like a coward but didn’t make a move against her.

“One.” Iris says threateningly. Really the whole counting to 3 thing? “Two.” She clicks off the safety and sound seems to echo through the room. She gets in position to take the shot. “Have you got your answer?”

“Go to hell.” I say before closing my eyes and hearing the shot go off.

My ears ring and my breath seems to stop but I felt no pain. Is that what dying feels like? I open my eyes and pat down my body grateful that there weren’t any holes. I turn around and see that a bullet impacted itself in the wall. I look back to a smirking Iris who has lowered the gun.

“What the hell?!” I scream at her.

“You’ve just had your first experience in someone really trying to kill you, not what those pansy ass Lockstar people have done.”

“What about the guy who kidnapped me?” I retort crossing my arms. I see her hesitate and sputter before answering.

“He doesn’t count. Besides who wants to be called second anyways?”

“What is wrong with you two?!” Fran yells I had almost forgotten she was here.

“Nothing.” Iris and I answer at the same time. Fran groans before grabbing my arm and leading me to one of the sinks.

“Swear to God you people are insane.” She muttered under her breath. She puts a blanket over one of the sinks and pats it. “Up you go.”

“Are you serious?” I ask and one look from her meant yes, yes she was. I sit on the ledge of the sink feeling slightly unsteady and waited Fran to work her magic.

She puts the duffle on the sink next to us and unzips it. Masks are sealed in water proof bags that are air tight. She pulls out a mask that was tanned and perfect, not a blemish or imperfection in sight. She pulls my hair back and piles it on my head making sure that no strands were loose and puts it in a pony tail.