Chapter 23- Suits and Veils

Chapter 23

Date: August 24th

Time: 2:03 p.m.

Location: Percy’s room in safe house

AuraPOV

“Aura,” Irene scolded. She didn’t like people using harsh language.

“Sorry Mrs. Kamel.” I muttered like a kid that was caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“What does this mean?” Fran asks trying to make headway on the situation.

“Maxwell Tate in simple words is not a good man.” I start off. “I mean, God how do I explain this?” I trail off.

“With words,” Matt says sitting down on one of the fluffy chairs, everyone else gets comfortable.

“Okay, I don’t know if you know this but Hacker’s usually have Suits.”

“Why do we care what they are wearing?” Iris asks.

“No not the clothing, Suits are basically just the people that pay us to make things disappear or appear. They're usually high rollers or gang members needing some dirt to be put on the enemy. Suits are given one name once they reach a certain position to which they can have access to Hacker’s.”

“Access?” John questions confused.

“Name, phone number, asking price.” I list off.

“What does any of this have to do with Tate?” Frank asks.

“I was getting there. Anyways each hacker is put into a certain group or category on what they do. Overseas accounts, putting dirt on someone else, so on and so forth. If a hacker is frozen then their name can’t be released.”

“So your name was never released?” Terri questioned more than stated.

“Correct, anyways Maxwell Tate wasn’t big for a while; no one knew who he was. Even all the hacker’s thought why would a guy like him need people like us? His name didn’t even hit the radar until a few years ago.” I took a breath before continuing.

“You guys remember how people started disappearing in 2009?”

“Yeah.” They all murmured.

“For the longest time I couldn’t figure out why these people were being targeted or taken. It seemed like they vanished in thin air. No one knew who took them and no one would have a motive to take them.”

“Yeah but know we know its Lockstar what does that have anything to do with the story?” John asks interrupting me yet again.

“If you would let me say more than two words you would know.” I say irritated, what was it with these people and interruptions anyways? “As I was saying there were the kidnappings which we then found out was, like John said, Lockstar. When I was in Lithuania and trying to deny my hacker ways I became too curious, people vanishing in thin air is right up a hackers alley. So I think a few days before I met you guys I went online to see if I could figure anything out about what happened. Now a hacker can get in contact with any hacker in any circle so I contacted the ones in the vanishing circle. I was pretty popular there with the whole Gresdale act and used the code name that we all seem to assign each other, mine was The Veil.”

“Wait you’re the Veil?” Iris asked astonished. “I greatly underestimated you.”

“What’s so great about being nick named after a piece of clothing?” Matt asked.