Chapter 4- Trip to Lithuania

Chapter 4

Date: April 18th

Location: Airplane flying to Lithuania

Time: Hell if I know

The flight was 11 hours long and it was absolute torture. We had to stop at New York to drop some people off that were sane enough not to choose to stay in a metal beast for this long and refueled before we went back up in the air.

The four other people in first class was the chic woman, English accent male, temper male and cautious woman. Chic kept looking over at me every now and again like she knew something. So along with paranoia I have her checking to see if I was some crazy woman. The other three people paid her no mind but I could tell they were getting curious as to who she was looking at. All the other people in first class were dropped off at New York.

I was reading the Poison Study hoping that time passes more quickly but it just drags on. I was at the part were the main character Yelena was hiding in the trees for one of the troops tests. Just as she jumped on the ground from the paranoid feeling of being followed did I hear movement and someone sit in the seat the isle over from me. I don’t look up and keep reading rubbing at the corner of my eyes wishing that my eyes weren’t so noticeable that I didn’t need to cover them up.

“Contacts?” My head snaps up to see chic sitting in the seat smiling kindly at me. Her friends or companions turned around to get a look at who she was talking too.

“Yeah.” I say shortly and go back to reading, this usually meant end of conversation but she wasn’t stopping there.

“Colored I’m presuming since they seem to be irritating your eyes, what color are they? Your eyes?”

“Blue.” I say thinking of the first color in my head; at least I didn’t say they were orange.

“But why wear contacts on a flight this long if they hurt you.” I finally look up to see temper. He is a very good looking guy as much as I hated to admit. He was like a perfect version of a California guy, beach blonde hair, blue eyes, nice tan, muscular like a volleyball player. Crap I’m drifting and I’m supposed to answer.

“I’m running from someone.” Not the truth you moron! Their interests peaked as they turned to get a better look at me.

“Really.” It was the cautious woman but seeing her now she didn’t look cautious, she looked like she would rob from the president and jump out of a 40 story building for fun on the weekends. Her brown hair was pulled in a tight ponytail not a single strand out of place. Her hazel eyes just screamed mischievous and danger. “Who?”

“Uh I don’t really want to talk about it but it’s the reason why I’m wearing the contacts.” I look back down at the book in an effort for them to stop talking to me but I failed miserably.

“Why don’t you want to talk about it?” The one with the English accent asked. It seemed weird that he would have that accent since he doesn’t look like anyone from England. My eyes narrow and I lightly glare at him.

“Because it’s none of your business.” I say through clenched teeth and pull out my June (iPod) and put the headphones in so I didn’t have to listen at anymore of their attempts at small talk. Chic got up and went back to her seat but this time they took turns staring at me. These people were more annoying than they were frightening and I wish I could leave but I didn’t feel like jumping out of a plane anytime soon.

“What’s your name?” California asked me. I look up at him briefly meeting his blue eyes.

“Marge Samson, yours? Or should I just call you Tommy Hilfiger?” He doesn’t seem to like the name and I start to scroll through my music. What am I in the mood for today?