The Druid Curse [1]

Summary: Becoming king is one thing. Being blamed for all the wrongdoings your father did before he died is another. When the new King Jellal and his knights stumble upon a Druid shrine, Gray accidentally gets possessed by the spirit of a young Druid girl..who wants her revenge.

~ ~ ~

(A/N: Two chapters in one day! I'm paying you guys back for not updating consistently for the past week)

"My lady," the man whispered. "King Faust is dead."

Minerva threw back her head and laughed. "He deserved worse. Did that fool Zarina try to heal him?"

"I suppose so."

"How is this Zarina supposed to be my doom? She seems like a prat," Minerva laughed again. "I wonder what she looks like."

"King Jellal is now ruling," the man said. "Just wanted to remind you. Faust's eldest son."

"Excellent," Minerva sneered. "My next target."

~ ~ ~

"We will find Zarina and kill her," King Jellal said.

"That is not our priority," Porlyuscia said. "Sire."

Jellal looked surprised at her use of the word "sire."

"Sometimes people make mistakes," she said softly. "I examined the king's corpse and found this."

The physician raised Minerva's ruby necklace.

"That's Minerva's!" Jellal exclaimed.

"It was cursed to do the opposite of any spells performed on King Faust," she continued.

Jellal sighed and studied the necklace. "Have this necklace burned immediately."

Porlyusica bowed and left the room, just as Prince Siegrain and the knights came in, rolling an enormous wooden table.

"This is ridiculous," Natsu was saying. "What does Jellal think we are, mechanical servants?"

"King Jellal," I corrected. "And the Round Table is a tradition Jellal wants."

"You mean King Jellal," Gray teased back. I let go of the table long enough to swat at his arm.

We set the table down in the middle of the Council Room.

"Sire, is this good enough?" Gajeel asked.

Jellal studied the table and nodded.

"Good, 'cause I'm starving!" Natsu groaned.

"We need to get the chairs," I told him, nudging him back out the room.

"Noooo," Natsu whined. "I'm tired."

"Well then you're not fit enough to be a king's knight," Jellal said, following us out the room. "I want today to be our first meeting, with me as king. And you guys will be fully acknowledged as the Knights of the Round Table."

"Knights of the Round Table," I mused. "That sounds nice."

"What will I be?" Siegrain pouted.

Jellal hit his brother's arm. "You'll be the twin brother of the glorious king of Fiore. Isn't that good enough, Sieg?"

~ ~ ~

Deep below, the castle of Fiore was the stone coffins of the great kings and queens of Fiore. 

Now, at the very end of the row lay King Faust, beside his wife, Queen Misaki.

~ ~ ~