Chapter 17: its all coming back to me now

ANNIE POV:

Peeta hasn't had a girlfriend in two years, which is before he even moved to the capital. His girlfriend in district 12 was Johanna. And when Peeta moved here, Johanna miraculously followed six months later.

What a surprise.

Mine and Tyler's dad, Joesph, is Peeta's manager he said that they should date and publish this story of how Johanna moved to be with him. So it was published that they were dating. But Peeta told us he wasn't. But no one really knows. They were on and off. And then once he heard about the crash he totally ditched Johanna and ran to district 12 to help katniss. Only when he got there she had no memory. And we'll we all know what happened after then. She came here.

KATNISS POV:

"Alright class." The music teacher begins. "Your going to write a song in your pairs, then one of you will join another pair who will then be on their own. You have to teach your new pair the song." And due to her weird explaination skills the class asks a few questions. All I know is that I want this class to be over.

Annie and finnick keep staring at me like I'm about to burst. Tyler keeps treating me like I'm a Grenade. And Cara- well she's just being nice.

When the class gets told to get on with it Johanna starts writing strait away. After she has written the chorus and the bridge I can tell she's writing a love song.
Ugh great. Romance.

We exchange small chat and she lets me write the ending verse and the pre chorus. I also title the song.  Scattered thoughts.

We stop sitting and realise we have 10 mintues till we need to swap pairs with someone.
"So," she starts. "You caused your parent death." She glances behind her and Clove mines something. "Oh and your sisters."
I swallow the lump in my throat. And I shake the idea of ripping her apart right there and then.

My hands turn to fist to I lay the on My lap. A bit of blood starts to puddle in my hands from my nails digging into my skin.
"What do you want?" I hiss.
"A date with Peeta. Being a career and all it would be great for publicity." She replies and it all comes together. Johanna is part of the careers and Cato must have heard me earlier when I mumbled it.
Wow the careers actually look out for each other. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not.

"What makes you think I could do that?" I ask her and she laughs.
"Don't be an idiot. I want a date with him. Tonight. The restaurant on the pier. 8pm." I try to take all of this in and I'm about to say no but she gets up and goes over to Peetas pair. Peeta was with Cara so she has to get up and go to someone else. I sit at my table and wait for someone to join me.

And guess who does. Cato.
"What was that on the field?" I ask and play nice.

"Well we didn't get off to a good start in science so I wanted to start again." He smiles.
"Okay then."
"Well done for playing along." He winks. And then I decide that I should be mad.
"You can't sit here." I order not even looking at him.
"I can do what I want." He replied with a snarky grin this time.

"Why did you tell her!" I'm so pissed right now. "Is it because I rejected you!"

Most the class has turned their heads my way. I can hear whispers and it all gets to me. So I just walk out of class. I hear Peeta call after me and I think he follows me. But when I turn around I see Cato.

PEETA POV

Katniss storms out of music and Cato follows.  And this causes an alarm bell in my head. Cato isn't exactly the best guy on the planet. So I follow him.