Chapter Seventeen - Aubrey

Start from the beginning

"Shay?" I looked up at him and he raised his eyebrows. "I'm really sorry about last night. I'm sorry I yelled at you and that I kissed Damien. I don't know what I was thinking."

Shay shrugged and kissed the top of my head, but he did look a little disturbed. He pulled me into him so my head was resting on his chest. "Just don't do it again alright? You're all mine from now on." Shay slouched down so I was using him as a body pillow. I sighed and nodded.

"And you're all mine?" I asked. This was a question I had had for a while now. I wasn't sure what we were in all reality. Shay nodded and kissed the top of my head again. I fell into a light sleep, breathing in timing with his chest and my heart beat in time with his.

My sleep was short lived when I was woken by people whispering outside the door. I rolled over so that I could see that it was Shay, Axel, Damien, and Caleb. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew that it was about me. Axel said something and pointed at me, but he noticed and that I was awake and looking right at him so he dropped his hand and walked away.

"What the heck are Damien and Caleb doing at Shay's house?" I wondered.

It looked like Damien was explaining something and I wondered if he was apologizing for last night. I saw Shay nod as both Caleb and Damien tilted their heads, awkwardly to the side. It almost looked like they were showing their necks to Shay in order to display submission.

Shay stood out there for a moment longer before he came in and sat down at the computer. I was surprised with how much better I was feeling after my hangover. I stood up and walked over to him. He was angry and I could tell because his jaw was clenched like it always was when he was angry. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he turned his head with a smile on his face and kissed my cheek lightly.

I realized that I was still wearing my tight dress, but didn't care. I was able to easily locate my shoes on his floor next to his leather jacket.

"What was that about? Also, how do you know Caleb and Damien?" I asked.

Shay shrugged, "Damien was apologizing for last night. He claims he didn't know that I claimed you."

I nodded slightly and waited for him to answer my second question. When he didn't say anything else I just sighed and decided to drop it.

"I'm kinda hungry." I whispered in his ear.

He nodded. "Well then let's go make you some lunch shall we?" He turned around and scooped me into his arms. I screamed as he bolted out into the hallway and stormed down the stairs. He took a left into the kitchen and set me lightly up on the counter. I smiled and he jumped in front of the fridge and whipped it open. He pulled out a bunch of stuff to make a sandwich and stuck it all together in a messy way.

I giggled and he glared at me for a moment. "What? You don't like the way I construct my sandwiches?" He glared for a moment longer before he burst out laughing.

"Hey, Shay! Emile wants to talk to you as soon as possible!" Axel yelled, jogging through the kitchen. He noticed me there and his expression turned cold as he looked me up and down.

"You have to get her out of here before Emile sees her," Axel mumbled. "I thought we agreed that was going to be the first thing you did when she woke up. This isn't some kind of whore house. She doesn't belong here."

Shay chuckled without humor and looked over at Axel. "I'm just making her a sandwich and then I will bring her home. I can handle myself, little brother."

Axel walked over and hit Shay lightly on the back as he walked by. He snatched my sandwich off the counter and started to walk away.

"Good to see you, Aubrey. We'll come visit you next time. Feel free to take your leave." He winked and chuckled.

Shay smirked and shook his head as he turned to make me another sandwich.

"What does Emile want?" I mumbled, staring off to where Axel disappeared.

Shay shrugged. "Who cares? I'm screwed anyway. He can't do much more to me than he already has. I only have one more thing that he wants right now." He said without meeting my eyes.

"What do you mean? What has he taken away from you? What else does he want?" I asked, pulling him towards me so he would meet my eyes.

"I mean that he is our Alpha until merging day so he has authority over all of us. When he found out that Bittzy wasn't a Wilcze Panna he took her away from me and then he took Chelsea when......." Shay started to say, but I snorted and made a disgusted look at him.

"That figures. And let me guess, you have Chelsea back now and he knows it so he is going to take her away again. Then you will have nothing left that he wants. Am I right or am I right?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

Shay shook his head and rolled his eyes. "He has taken Chelsea away from me once, but I still don't have her back and I don't particularly want to. I have someone ten times better now and I will never let him touch her."

"Who?" I asked tilting my head.

Shay chuckled, he spread his hands on either side of my thighs and stepped towards me so my legs were hanging on either side of him.

He tilted his head as he slid his hat backwards on his head and started leaning forward. His forest and blue ax mix scent overwhelmed me. I inhaled two sharp breaths. He was diffidently growing on me. I was starting to really like this side of him.

We were only a couple of centimeters away from each other when he stopped.

"You." He whispered. "You are the one thing I have left that Emile wants and I plan on keeping it that way."

I planted my lips against his, hard, and he kissed me right back. His hands moved from beside my thighs to the small of my back as he pulled me tighter into him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and ran my hands through his hair hastily, knocking his hat to the ground. I totally forgot all about everything. I focused only on Shay and us kissing. I just kissed him back, not letting him break apart. I heard him let out a slight moan and I smiled into his lips.

When we both finally broke apart, it was because we were lightheaded, not because we wanted to stop. He continued to kiss me, but it was down my collarbone now and down my shoulders.

He had made his way back up to my mouth and started to lightly kiss me until my stomach growled. I cursed silently and I felt him smile. When he pulled back, my face was completely red and he just leaned on the counter right in front of me smiling.

"What?" I asked, smiling back.

He opened his mouth slightly and pushed his tongue against the inside of his cheek while he smiled at me. He smirked and gave out a sexy laugh. He shook his head "Nothing it's just...." He started but dropped off at the end.

"What? It's just what, Shay?" I asked, leaning forward on the counter a little bit.

"You're a really good kisser." He raised his eyebrows and I turned beet red as he started to chuckle.

I nodded and he nodded at the sandwich. I started to eat, but someone in the doorway caught my eye. I set my sandwich down and Shay saw that I was looking at something and he turned to see what it was.

I heard him groan and curse under his breath.

Shay nodded. "Emile."