Chapter 29 (Final Chapter)

Demi

I got to go home the next day, just like the doctor had said & even better, still, I got to take Lincoln with me. I was still really sore, so I couldn't carry Lincoln around, just yet, but Nick would hand him, to me, after I got to where I wanted to be. I was glad Nick had taken time off from doing work of any kind. He had been working on a new album & he finished it during the summer, so he was releasing it in late November, just in time for Christmas. He had a few promotional spots he was doing, before the holidays, but he wasn't doing a tour until after the new year. I hadn't asked him about it, so I wasn't sure of his plans, but now that Lincoln was here, I'd bring it up, at some point. I was too busy admiring the adorableness of my son.

Just after we finished dinner, on my first night home, Lyric started cleaning up & I was feeding Lincoln, as I sat at the dining room table

Just after we finished dinner, on my first night home, Lyric started cleaning up & I was feeding Lincoln, as I sat at the dining room table. He seemed to want to eat all the time, but I hoped that was a good thing. "Babe?" I spoke up when Nick came to take some dishes from the table to the kitchen. He looked at me, his eyebrows up. "We got a bassinet from someone at the baby shower, didn't we?"

"That's the tiny, little bed, right?" He asked, innocently & I saw Lyric smirk over his shoulder, as she stood at the kitchen sink.

"Dad.. you're so funny." Lyric chuckled, as she made a face, like her dad was more clueless than anyone she knew.

"Uh... I didn't play with dolls, so excuse me if I don't know all the correct names for baby items." Nick responded, defensively & Lyric shrugged her shoulders before she went back to the dishes.

"Yes, the small bed on wheels." I nodded my head & gave him a smile.

"Yea, we got one, why?" He asked, walking toward the kitchen. I bit my lip & watched him with a sweet expression, that he saw when he turned around. "You want it in our room, don't you?"

"Yes, please." I smiled, even bigger, at him & he sighed. "It will be easier since I'm still sore. Unless you don't want us waking you up." I stuck my lip out & he rolled his eyes.

"No, that's not it. I want to experience that with you. I want to get up when you do. I just don't want him in our bed to sleep."

"But he's so little, he won't take up much room." I said, trying not to laugh.

"Demi, it's dangerous & hard to get them out of the bed later."

"Well, why would we need to get him out of our bed. I mean I can't have any more kids so there's no point in...." I stopped talking when I saw & remembered Lyric was close enough to hear.

Nick came into the dining room & leaned on the back of one of the chairs. "I really hope to God you are kidding." He said in a hushed tone, so Lyric wouldn't hear. His face was so serious, I couldn't help but to smile.

I giggled & rolled my eyes, as I looked down at Lincoln. "Yes, silly. I won't put him in our bed."

Nick came around to kiss me, quickly. "I am really glad to hear that. And I will put the bassinet right next to the bed, my love." He murmured, our lips inches apart. He grinned before he stood up & went to help Lyric with cleaning up the dinner dishes.