8 - Karma is a Bitch!

Chapter 8 ~ Karma is a Bitch!

~*~

I groan as my alert began to go off with an annoying ringing. I sat up and quickly rubbed circles on my temples as my headache got worse like I just had a hangover for over thinking about my first kiss.

My first kiss…My mind trailed off as I realise I was now gently touching my lips, remembering the warmth of his lips and how soft it was against my own.

Faint chuckles snap me out of my trace as I look at my room but there was no one there. “I might be going crazy?” I mumble to myself as I struggle to get out of the bed as my duvet was tangled around my legs.

I head to the bathroom and took a quick warm shower before grabbing a pair of black plain underwear. Smoothly putting my favourite faded blue ripped skinny jeans and a black cup sleeves top that says in small letters ‘If you can read this then you are too close’ on before jogging up the stairs to the dinning hall where a fresh cooked bacon and egg was neatly lay on top.

“Morning!” I chimed and was gratefully answered by a mumbles of morning and head nodding.

“Why are you so happy soo early in the morning?” Travis asks before he yawned.

I snort and took my seat beside him. “Do I look that happy to you?” I ask before turning his way.

Travis turned my way and scrunches his eyebrow before looking back at his plate. “You look shit!” He said before taking a huge bite of his bacon sandwich.

“Gee, thanks.” I said putting much sarcasm in those two words.

I grabbed two slice of Grandma Mo’s homemade bread before spreading butter on top of it. I was about to grabbed some bacon when my body tense at his present. “Morning.” Jason greeted as he got in the dinning hall and plopping down next to me. “Morning Jill!” Jason said too happily making Jackie and Polly raise their eyebrow at me.

“Morning.” I mumble back not looking at him and continue making my sandwich.

“Jill, have you done the math homework?” Rachel’s sweet voice asks and the guilt soon began to eat my conscience.

“Um…” I trailed off before look at Rachel. Her round blue eyes staring at me as she innocently smiles at me. “Yea, why?”

“Well, I didn’t get question six and eight and I thought maybe you could explain it to me or just let me copy it then explain it to me later.” She shrugs.

“You know you could have asked me, I’m good at math.” Jason grinned at her not a hint of regret or guilt.

Rachel slightly blushes before looking at her plate. “Well, were asleep and I felt really bad waking you up.”

“Don’t be silly, you shouldn’t feel bad waking me up.” Jason laughs. “It didn’t bother you before so why now?”

Rachel blushes and took a small bite off the sandwich Jason had made for her while Jason continues to laugh. I sigh and took a bite of my own sandwich while my gaze lands on Jackie who was sat opposite to me.

He narrowed his eyes before lifting one perfect arch eyebrow at me. I stuck my tongue out at him making him shake his head. “Where are my grandparents?” I ask as I look around the room.

“They’re at work today.” Andy said as he starts to help himself for another sandwich. “Uncle Pete said something about a demanding customer or something.” He said with a shrugs.

“Oh.” I said. The room soon fall silence but not an awkward one, just plain peaceful silence.

“That looks nice.” The same voice from last nice whispered at my ears giving me shivers. I look behind me hoping to see who the voice belongs to only to see there was no one behind me.