5 - Hello Cliché

Chapter 5 ~ Hello Cliché

~*~

My eyes snap opened five minutes before my alarms go off. I yawned and stretch on my bed before randomly stared at the ceiling something that became a habit of mine. Even with lack of sleep my mind always decide to wake up five minutes before my alarm goes off, probably doesn’t like the noise it made.

I glance at the clock, a minute before it goes off. I stood up and turn the thing off before heading to the bathroom with a towel and a matching baby pink laced underwear hang around my arm.

Turning the shower on, I strip my baby blue pyjamas with butterfly and let it fall on the floor before stepping in the shower. The water soon changed as it got hotter and when it was too hot for my body to take, I turn on the cold water tap making sure the water would stay warm.

By the time I was finish taking the shower it was half pass seven and with another hour to spare before we leave for school. I dried myself properly taking my time before putting my underwear on and stepping out of the bathroom, towel tightly wrap around under my armpit.

I stare at the clothes that hang on the door knob of my wardrobe and the high heels that left on the floor. I studied the clothes and with one final look of my blistered feet my decision was clear like a transparent glass.

I opened my wardrobe door with the coat hanger that once hang on the door knob and neatly hang them up with the rest of my clothes before grabbing low waist baggy jeans with a few rips on them as a sign that I wore them too many time. What can I say, they were comfortable.

I slip the jeans on after wrapping the towel which was once wrap around my body to my head and grabbed a white cup sleeve top that Jackie had insist that I should buy yesterday.

The top was slightly a low dip neckline revealing a bit of my cleavage and the hem stops just past my belly button, revealing a bit of my belly. Oh joy!

I grabbed my black ankle converse and fold up the hem of the jean on my left leg until it reach just under my knee before heading back in the bathroom. Grabbing my mascara, I apply a coat on both of my eyelashes and flattered it a few times, thanking my late parents for giving me full long eyelashes. I grabbed my cherry lip balm and apply a layer before proceeding to dry my hair.

When my new styled long hair was seventy-five percent dry, I turn the blow drier off letting the other twenty-five percent to air dry and glance at the clock in the bathroom, quarter pass eight, it says. I got out off the bathroom grabbing my black shoulder bag and made my way to kitchen for breakfast.

As I opened my bedroom door, the watery smell of waffles hit my nostril, making my stomach let out a loud embarrassing gurgle.

I made my way in the dinning room, greeting Grandma Pete on my way pass the kitchen as he continue to cook waffles. “Good morning, sweetie. Did you sleep well?” Grandma Mo said as she place a plate of waffle on the table.

“Good morning.” I greeted before nodding my head and sat down.

“Yo baby, are you excited?” Danny grinned at me showing his pearly white teeth, I really do wonder why dark skin people got such white teeth. [A/N: I didn’t mean to offend people and I did, I’m sorry. I am just describing Danny.]

I smiled before rolling my eyes. “I guess.” I grabbed two waffles before drowning them with honey and fresh slice strawberries and whipped cream. “Where is everyone?” I ask as I slice the waffle with my fork.

Danny looks up before meeting my gaze. “Getting ready.” He said with his mouth full off food making the words sounds more like a grunt. I nod my head before digging in on my own food feeling slightly off with Danny’s table manners.