Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"As I was trying to say before, Abbey and Jordan must be really happy together," Will suddenly says.

Oh no! This is what I get for getting lost in my thoughts all the time. I should have kept my ears open. Dad and Andy exchange looks and then they turned to look at me. They look totally confused. There was on way out of this one.

I glance at Will and he gives me the evil smile. Shit! He knew that the engagement was all made up but he wanted to cause trouble so he decided it's be funny to mention it. How could I be so thick. All this time he had been planning this and now his plan is happening.

Jordan's mum, Jordan and Liane all come in the living room and Liane hands out the cup of water. I mime 'busted' to Jordan and he rolls his eyes and slaps he forehead, like he knew I was going to mess up. Dad, Andy and Mrs. Smith begin to drink their water.

"Jordan and Abbeys engagement party will be huge," Will adds, grinning.

"Engagement?" The adults exclaim as they spit out the water from their mouths on to me, Jordan and Will.

Liane zooms into the kitchen and returns with a hand full of tissue. She hands it out to us and we wipe our clothes with it. Will looks disgusted but then again you can see that horrible grin of his on his face.

"Sorry about that," Andy and Mrs. Smith apolosgise to us.

"Truly sorry," Dad apologises. "Can you just repeat what you just said?"

This was embarrassing, humiliating. Sometimes I feel as if god hates me. I don't bother to say anything because I knew for a fact that dad heard what Will said, loud and clear. Its just that he can't face the fact. Neither could Jordan's parents.

"Of course," Will agreed. "I was just saying how amazing the engagement to Abbey and Jordan's will be."

"Will," Jordan calls. "Thank...you." He mumbles.

"No problem," Will replies.

"Jordan, I never you were engaged. Why didn't you tell me?" Mrs. Smith exclaims and gives him a hug. "Can I see the ring?" She asks.

"Abbey," Dad says quietly. "I thought you and Jordan...well you know...didn't get along well."

"We don't," I told him. "Its all..."

"I know whats happening. With Will and everything," Finally he understands. I knew he would.

"You didn't want Will to tell us so you kept avoiding the subject. Its nothing to be embarrassed about. You can tell me, you know?"

"But dad..."

"Now, don't be stressed, its all going..."

"Dad!" I shout.

Everyone turns to look at me. Will still has that evil smirk on his face. Jordan is shaking his head. Andy and Mrs. Smith are way too happy. I cant just tell them its all a lie. But I have to do the right thing. I can't live my life lying.

"There's no engagement, no ring, no relationship." I explain. "It's all a misunderstanding." I breathe.

"That's not what you told me," Will interrupts.

"Yeah, its not." Jordan looks at Will. "She was talking about her sisters wedding and how she can't wait for her marriage."

This is why I love Jordan. Did I just say that? No, I don't love him in that way, it's just a saying.

"Yeah Will," I interfere. "Why do you always twist things up?" I ask him. Now I was the one grinning like a witch.

"But..."

"You heard me right that day. You just wanted to cause problems," I add.

Jordan's parents and mine look baffled. I could tell they all were lost in our conversation. Jordan's mum looked completely disappointed after a while. I guess she understood. Dad and Andy were still trying to work things out.

"I think you should go Will," Jordan tells him.

Will stands up from his seat and storms out the house. That's the end of him. For today. God knows if he will return. Maybe he will, maybe he wont. Dad didn't look too happy but then when he hears the whole story (part of it is going to have to be made up) he'll understand completely.

"Andy, Mrs. Smith, I'm sorry to cause you all this chaos," I apologise.

"Its alright love, men can be so shallow at times," She says and nudges Andy. "And call me Susana. It makes me feel more younger."

I laugh and call her Susana. Then we all sigh. I search my pockets for my phone but it wasn't there. I'm guessing I left it in Jordan's bedroom. I told dad I was going upstairs.  When I entered his room I expected to find my phone right there lying on the bed or on the floor but it was no where to be seen. Jordan must have hidden it. I shouted Jordans name and he came inside within thirty seconds.

"Jordan were's my mobile?" I asked him.

"I don't know," He said, punching the buttons on his Blackberry.

"Ha ha, very funny. Now I'd like to have it back."

"I told you I don't have it." He said, still fiddling with his phone. "How does it look like?"

"Its an I Phone," I answered.

"Hey, I saw Will slipping a I Phone in his pockets when he was coming down the stairs."

"Really?" I questioned.

He nods his head like he means it. Maybe he is telling the truth. We both walk towards the door and try to fit through the door at once but we just get stuck. I look up to him and he looks back at me. I was expecting him to let me through but he didn't.

"Haven't you heard of 'ladies first'?" I widen my eyes.

"Yes, I have." He answered. "Your not a lady so I can't let you go first."

"I am," I argue.

He bursts out laugh like it was the funniest thing I said. "Whats so funny?" I snap.

"Nothing." He laughs. "You say your a lady but you act like a baby."

"Your a baby," I argue.

"No your a baby," He argues back.

"Abbey, is this you phone," Asks James from out of nowhere.

"I thought you were in some meeting," Jordan asks.

James shrugs his shoulders and hands me my phone. Where on earth did he get it. I take it off his hand and give him a hug. James is such an angel. Much better than Jordan, more mature.

"Thanks so much!" I thanked.

"No problem." He hugs me back. "Some guy, outside our house was holding it and he showed me it like we knew each other. I snatched it off him and it said you name on the cover so I went inside the house and your dad said you were upstairs."

"He is such a lunatic," Jordan laughs.

I felt weird. I just realised I was kind of getting along with Jordan. He was supposed to be my enemy, the person I hated. Am I beginning to see him in a different way even though we still argue like a bunch six year old? I glance at Jordan. Is he thinking the same? Could he have feelings for me? So many questions that are whizzing around in my head.

Am I falling in Love?

***************************

The last 5 words: Am i falling in love?

I think she is. Do you? Do you think Jordan is thinking the same? Argghhh! Its all happening!! Whatcha think! I need loads of FEEDBACK!!