Chapter 9

Sorry for any errors. Xx. :)

(Bold=Harrys texts. Italics=Belles text)

By the time Sophie dropped me home, it was around 10, which was late for me. I thanked her for the ride and ran up to my room, not caring what Roo and my father were up to.  I jumped in the shower and shaved my legs, as fast as I could, feeling sleepy. While blow drying my hair, my phone buzzed from my table, signaling that I had a text. I reached over to grab it, my hair dryer in my other hand, and unlocked my phone, not looking who the text was from.

Can I pick you up tomorrow? Xx.I read the text from Harry. After looking at my screen I put my phone down next to me, and continued on drying my hair.

Do not ignore me, Isabella.Another text. I sighed, in annoyance. I was trying to keep my distance, but he made it so damn hard. I really am not being a bitch, but I just do not want to get hurt, and Harry was going to do that. I just know it.

No thank you. I replied shortly, hoping that he would leave it at that, but of course he didn’t.

Why not? I will be nice. I promise. Xx. Argh. I hated his constant mood swings.

No thank you. I repeated.

Why not Isabella? He replied quickly.

Why can’t you just take no for an answer?

Because I want to talk. Please, Belle. Xx. I felt my body melt. I was putty in his hands. I pursed my lips, not knowing how to reply.

Okay, but only if you are sure you will be nice. I do not have any more energy or patience to deal with your mood changes. I looked at the message. Should I send it? I was trying to stay away from Harry, but I did not want to, I finally admitted to myself. I erased the original message.

Fine. Only to talk. I hit send and turned my phone off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning, tired. I had spent most of the night thinking about Harry, why he wanted to talk, and what I would say to him, but came up with nothing.

I slowly got out of bed, and walked to my closet. I really did not care how I looked today. I wore some black skinny jeans, a grey sweater, and my white converse. I had no patience to curl my hair today, so I put it in a loose ponytail. This “hobo” look would sure scare Harry off. Maybe then he will stop bothering you. Yea right, like that’s what you want. My subconscious spoke.

I walked downstairs, and made my way into the kitchen, where Roo sat. She looked me over, clearly disapproving my outfit, but gave me a smile anyways.

“Morning.” I greeted, and grabbed a banana.

“Good morning, Belle.” She took a sip of her tea. We sat there in silence. For me it was awkward, but I am sure she had not noticed.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it buzzed.

Outside. Xx. Was all it read, indicating that I was running late. I rolled my eyes at Harrys message. So demanding. I said goodbye to Roo and walked out, a cold gust of wind hitting my cheeks. It was the middle of April, but you would of thought it was the middle of winter.

I walked over to Harrys car. He was not leaning against it as usual. I opened the door and jumped in. Harry was wearing black skinny jeans, as usual, with a blue button down shirt, and a green hoodie over it. He gave me a small smile, one that did not reach his eyes, as he looked at me. He seemed…tired? The fight last night must have worn him out.