Chapter Ten

Lizzy turned around upon seeing the two of them cuddle up to one another, she couldn't take watching it, not one bit, it hurt her, and try as she might she couldn't make it not.

"I'm going home Lottie I'll see you later yeah?" Lizzy mumbled a quick goodbye to her best friend, her voice wavering as she did so,

"Yeah okay, see you later, text me okay?" Lottie shouted after her friend who just waved her hand and shouted over her shoulder with tears in her eyes,

"Yeah, sure".

With a heavy heart Lizzy walked back towards her home, sobbing silently as she did so, letting her tears fall down her face not caring that it was ruining her makeup.

"I'll show him the arrogant insufferable pig" Lizzy said to herself, her mind made up. She would no longer allow William Darcy to dictate her life and how she led it; she was taking ownership over it again, and she was going to start with Atticas. He was safe and kind, and he liked her, so why not go for it? At least I know he won't play games or try and points score all the time like Will does.

Little did Lizzy know that the entire time that Will and Caroline had been hugging, Will had been facing Lottie and Lizzy, and as she had walked away he had watched her until he couldn't see her anymore; his heart just as heavy as her own. He just didn't want to admit it yet as the way he felt about her scared him.

*

As Lizzy arrived at her home she could hear her Mother wailing from half way down the driveway and her Father trying to calm her down, which was as always much to his avail.

"Oh for goodness sake what is it now?" Lizzy muttered to herself, there was always some kind of drama in her family, it was just one thing after another.

Lizzy opened her front door about to shout hello when she was almost knocked over by one of her sisters racing by, whilst another one, Kitty to be precise stopped in front of her.

"Oh Lizzy thank goodness you're home, you have to come quick!" Kitty exclaimed as she dragged Lizzy by her hand towards her Father's study where all of her sisters, even Jane who must have travelled home to be with them all, which meant it had to be something serious thought Lizzy as her thoughts reeled as to what it could be that was troubling them all so; along with her parents were gathered, all of them huddled around her Father's desk where he held a note in his hands. A note that seemed to have captured her entire family's attention; how odd, thought Lizzy as she was plonked right into the middle of the kafuffle by Kitty, who as always had no airs and graces about her, much to her Mother's annoyance.

"Mum, Dad, what is it?" Lizzy asked them both, her face shrouded with worry and her heart beating a little faster as she awaited an answer.

"Your sister has run off with Wick" Her Dad replied in his usual factual way.

"Oh my poor baby being forced to run away with Wick, what a scoundrel he is! If I ever get my hands on him..." Her Mother wailed into one of her Father's handkerchiefs, he was an old fashioned man, what can you do? Lizzy thought to herself, rolling her eyes as her Mother fell back onto the sofa still sobbing her heart out as her younger siblings fluttered around her, fussing and attempting to calm her down, attempting being the operative word.

"Does it say where she went at all?" Lizzy asked her Father as her and Jane sat down at his desk to discuss things properly with him in a sensible and reasonable manner, after all there was no point in carrying on the way her Mother was doing, nothing would get done if she were to do so.

"No, none at all my dear Lizzy, I am afraid that all it says is that she and Wick have run off together as they are as she puts it 'madly in love, and want to spend the rest of their lives together', and also that she will contact us later so there is no need to worry.' The foolish, foolish girl" Her Dad finished, heaving a heavy sigh as he did so, resting his head in his hands his worry apparent on his face and with every movement he made.