chapter 21

2 months later

Watari pov

After the Kira case was over Lawliet spent some time with miss (Y/n). She seemed to lose her memory of possessing the notebook. But with Lawliet she's happy to be with him and Lawliet as well. Soon we'll be going back to London I wonder what Lawliet will do.

"Watari?" I looked up and saw Lawliet.

"What is it Lawliet don't you have to meet with miss (Y/n) today?."

"Yes but I want to ask you something."

"What is it."

"I'm going to ask her to come with me to London. I was wondering if was alright with you if she comes with us." He asked.

I smiled as he wanted to bring her along of course if he left they may never see each other again. Maybe this case did change him in a good way.

"Go right ahead you have my permission to ask her. If you love her that much you should ask her. Some long-distance relationships don't last." He smiled and left probably going to see miss (Y/n).

"I'm glad he's found happiness."

(Y/n) pov

It felt lonely in the university now that Light is gone. When Lawliet is around I'm happy but it's very lonely when I come to school. Like a part of me is gone.

'If dad never drop that notebook Light would have never died. And I would have never met him or Lawliet. Yet I wish Light would have never died.' I thought as got out of the school gates. My dad was next to me since he took Light's life. I kept his death note since it's still here on earth. Also to have him around for now.

"Hey (Y/n) want to get some apples or maybe get books?" Dad said as we walked.

"Nah I just want to go home but I think you may like an apple pie."

"There's an apple pie!" He said in surprise about an apple pie.

"Man you need to catch up with us humans." We reached the store and bought two dozen apples.

Once we reached home I saw Lawliet there standing near my door. I felt a smile on my face and began to walk near him.

"Hello stranger what brings you to my home?"

"I'm looking for my girlfriend who happens to live here." He said as he knew I was playing around.

"Oh, really what does she look like."

"Well, she's beautiful, smart, and has way too many wonderful qualities that I can't describe."

"Now well I wondering if you've seen my boyfriend around."

"What does he look like."

"He's handsome, kind, and overall the best boyfriend in the whole world." He smiled that I would say that.

"Well, then miss would do me the honor of letting me in."

"Sure thing Ryuuzaki. Dad can you um... go now it's kinda embarrassing to talk to someone while your around." I said as looked at him.

"Fine, I guess I'll just wander around and see what I can do in town." He said flying away.

Time Skip

After we talk about what type of case we saw in the TV show. I got up to get something to drink and eat. I notice Lawliet has been acting strange but it's probably because he can't stay for very long.

"(Y/n) there's something I need to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Well you know I will have to leave soon so I was wondering something that been a way to stay together."

"Go on..."

"I want you to come with me and help me with other cases and maybe to be not only my partner in crime. To be also my partner in life. I want us to get married and work together and create a family even if we adopted them."He said. I saw shocked I didn't know how to react but the tears began to fall.

"Yes, I'll be honored to be your partner in everything you just said Lawliet." I smiled and he smiled.

"Well just so you know you better pack your bags. We're going to London that's where the next case is. Oh and I'll inform your school you'll be studying online from now on. You'll be helping L on other cases." He said as he got up and kiss your head.

"Right I got it. By the way, what's the case about anyway?"

"Someone is mimicking the serial killer Jack the ripper and has left no evidence on the scene. With you on our team will be done before they can see us."

"Well then what are we waiting for let's get going," I said with a smile. Not only will I help solve cases for people to feel safe. But I also will be with the man I love with all my heart.

Ryuk pov

I know eavesdropping on this conversation was wrong and all but it's my daughter. I have every right to know what's going on. Now I wish I didn't hear it at all. She's grown up to be a very mature young lady. I just hope she'll be happy with her new life now. Even though I'll still be with her.

I was sitting in (m/n) room it still looks the same but it's kept clean. Thinking about what would have happened if I saved her that day.

"I wonder what she'll do with the house."

"Well, I'll still keep it just in case I miss home." I saw her there near the door.

"Dad I know you heard everything. Just so you know this doesn't change who I am alright? I'm still your daughter no matter where I go and since I know how you are. You'll find me with no effort." She said with a smile.

"You know me well to think like me. Plus if he hurts you in any way I'll kill him at that moment."

"Yeah knowing you you'll do it in a flash." She said with a smile.

"Alright, I think you should pack don't forget to pack those notebooks of ours we don't want what happened to Light again."

"Yeah I know... and dad thanks for everything." She said as she left. I hope that Lawliet guy knows if he messes with my little girl he'll die at that moment.