chapter 18

(Y/n) pov

I woke up and saw I was in my room and looked at the prizes Lawliet won for me. Our first date was so amazing I wish it never ended. Unfortunately, it did now it's back to work for both of us. I got dressed in black jeans and a white shirt and some converse. I also put on a cupcake necklace that reminded me of Lawliet a lot.

I got to the main room and saw Light with an angry look on his face. He was being held back by everyone else and Misa was a bit scared.

"What's going on here?" I asked Misa.

Turns out Light found out about me and Lawliet. Just as he got here this morning they began punching each other. Light pushed everyone then he and Lawliet began to fight again only to be pulled at each other.

"HEY, THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yelled.

Everyone froze as they notice I was there. Lawliet backed away from Light but Light refused to end it like this.

"How could you go out with him! Out of all the guys in the world WHY HIM!" Light said as he yelled at me.

"Because it's my choice, not yours. I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF ON WHO I HAVE LIKE TO YOU!" I yelled back but I never expected him to do that to me. I felt my cheek sting a bit.

Light slap me across the face.

Everyone was shocked by what he did to me his sister.

"It may be your choice but hiding it from your friends and family. That's the worst thing someone can do."

"Fine, I guess we're strangers so don't you dare come to me for help. I was going to tell you but now I hope you are Kira so you can be arrested." I said as began to walk away.

Soichiro Yagami pov

I was shocked at what I just saw, Light slap her in the face and her hoping he was Kira. Yes, she and Ryuuzaki was a shocker but it's not at the point to fight with family.

"Light I think you went too far this time. She didn't want to tell you because we were all focused on the Kira case and you being a suspect and all. She saw all your problems and she didn't want to add another one for you." Misa said as she looked angry at him.

"Ryuuzaki we'll talk about this later I have to go check on her." He nodded as he walked back to his seat.

"Matsuda makes sure they don't fight again while I'm gone," I said as he agreed to it. I walk to (Y/n) door and knocked. She open it as she knew it was me and walked back to her bed.

"(Y/n) are you alright?"

"No, my heart has broken and my trust in Light as well. So are you here to lecture me as well."

"No, I'm not. I trust you when it comes to people a lot. And Light hitting you like that in front of everyone wasn't right. Misa told us why you didn't say anything and I'm glad you thought of us and our problems."

"Sorry, Soichiro I was going to ask Ryuuzaki to wait until Kira was caught. But it looks like everyone found out. Oh well we can't do anything about it now might as well move on anyway please don't hate Ryuuzaki he's done a lot for me since he came into my life." She asked me with puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, I won't I just want you to be happy."

"Thanks, dad." She said and I was glad she called me dad after so many years she finally called me dad.

L pov

As much as I wanted to punch Light for slapping (Y/n) beautiful face. I have to control myself and Matsuda wasn't helping me at all. We manage to get a suspect on who Kira is right now but all I can think of right now is (Y/n).

'Is she alright? If Light hurt her then I'll be taking care of him later.'

Mr.Yagami came in and looked up and we all went back to work.

"Ryuuzaki I need to speak with you privately as well as with you Light." He said to both of us. We got in a room and he began to explain how (Y/n) was doing. Light looked lifeless right now.

"Ryuuzaki if you dare hurt (Y/n) I won't hesitate to kill you. She is my daughter even if we're not related by blood. So take good care of her." He said with a serious look and I nodded. We walked back into the room with everyone and saw that (Y/n) was working as if nothing happen. I grabbed her shoulder and she looked up and smiled. I saw the handprint on her cheek which made me a little sad. She was putting herself aside for others she doesn't deserve that.

"Watari you're in charge of Light," I said as I got her hand and walked out of the room. We went into my room and I hugged her there. She let go of the tears she held in and I'm glad she let me help her.

"Lawliet I'm sorry it's all my fault."

"No, it's not it's Light's fault he had no right to do that to you. So don't blame yourself alright." I kissed her head and hugged her tightly.

'How can she be so strong and at the same time so fragile? I want to protect her from harmful things that can cause her pain. And I promise to protect her even if I have to die.' We stayed in each other's arms until she fell asleep.