chapter 3

A few days later

(Y/n) pov

I was two at the time and I was walking to my mother's room. I open the door and saw that she was talking to someone, but I couldn't see who it was. She saw me and told me to come. So I did she had a piece of paper in her hands. She told me to close my eyes and told me to not be afraid. She put the paper in my hand and told me to open my eyes. I saw those eyes and how tall he was and his sharp teeth.

"Hello (Y/n) we finally meet." It said but was shaking in fear of it.

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I wouldn't want to hurt the only child I have." He said as he got to my eye level he got a hold of me and lifted me.

"(Y/n) I won't be able to be with you while you grow up. So remember this my name is Ryuk I'm a Shinigami. As well your part shinigami like me and I'm your father. I'll be able to see you and keep an eye on you until the end." He said next thing I knew I saw him hug me and said something that I couldn't hear well.

I woke up and looked around my room. The dream I usually get changed and maybe these are lost memories I lost when I was four. Now that I think about it the person in my dream was named Ryuk and said to be a Shinigami.

"I think I lost my mind now there's no way shinigami can have children. But then again there's no answer on how I saw it before." I got up and did my morning routine and got dressed in some skinny jeans, an (f/c) shirt, and some converse and had my hair down. Everyone was at the table as I got there but I didn't have the appetite to eat anything. Not after what happened that day.

"So (Y/n) how is school?" Soichiro said as he put his newspaper down.

"Good how's the Kira case?"

"Not that great Kira seems to be one step ahead of us and now we have two Kiras." He said.

"If anything I think you can do it after all you have L by your side. I sure wish I can meet him he's so cool to go against Kira knowing he's risking his life to get Kira." Sayu said. That's when an idea popped up.

Light pov

"Sayu right I wish I can meet him too I think he is brave." (Y/n) said when I heard her say that I wanted to get up and leave. Of course, she doesn't know that Ryuuzaki is L. If she starts to fall in love with him there's no way for me to get her to fall for me. No, I can't have that I already have my hands tied with Ryuuzaki suspecting me and that second Kira. I don't need this problem on my plate but as long as just a fan crush it goes away just like Sayu and her boy love.

"Maybe one day you'll meet him and work for him. After all, you are one of the few gifted students to match up against Light and help solve some investigations with us. Maybe I can recommend you to L and you can solve this case with us." Dad said.

'No, if she joins this investigation then she'll be able to solve it faster than normal. And if she figures it out I'll have to kill her no I can't take that risk. I want her to be by my side when I create my perfect world.'

"I wouldn't mind helping out after. Maybe I can get one step closer to my dream." She said with a smile. Damn it what do I do now.

(Y/n) pov

'Light is acting calmer than normal. He would normally say to forget about it and move on. Then again his reaction to what I said got to him. He is hiding something about this case and he's not fooling me.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot by any chance did my mom leave anything valuable to her? I think the dreams I've been getting may have something to do with my mom."

"Well, she did give me a key to a box in the bank she had under your name. She said to give it to you when you were ready. I think your ready after all you are at the proper age." He said as looked up at me.

"Thanks, Mr. Yagami for everything you and your family have done for me. I think it's time for me to leave. After all the house I grew up in is under my name and it's closer to the station for me to go to school."

"But (Y/n) you don't have to leave us your still young and who knows if someone comes and kills you or worse."

"Come on Mrs. Yagami I've been in judo and karate since I was a kid. Plus maybe I can find clues about my father. I need to know who he is. I think he's close but I can't remember what he looks like and maybe some of my mother's journals may have the answers I'm seeking. And I need to find out on my own because I need to know who am I."

"Listen mom I know what your thinking and I'm against it too. But this is her decision and she has made up her mind. Even I know she won't change her mind after all this time she hasn't changed."

"Please Mrs. Yagami I have to do this I need to know who I am. I don't want to be in the dark anymore not knowing anything. I can't keep living like this anymore." She seem so sad about my decision but I had to do this. After all, this is L orders.

"Alright, but on a few conditions, you call us every day to let us know you're safe. And allow me to leave food for you at the house and have a spare key to it as well."

"Fine but I won't be able to call every day since I'll be busy studying."

'That and trying to find the identity of Kira.'