Chapter 3

July 17th 2014
San Francisco, California
Third person POV
_________________________________________

Now it's time for middle school. Braylon and Zoë are still friends. Best friends. But still hasn't confessed their love for one another.
It's really hard to date someone in middle school cause you never know it could be an on-off relationship, or a stable one you never know.

So in middle school Braylon and Zoë are gonna need some tips like:

know and obey your school's rules! You don't want to get in trouble with the teachers or principal in your first year for breaking all sorts of rules you didn't even know about. Make sure you learn your school's dress code as well as the other rules and then follow them! Making the teachers dislike you or making yourself seem like a troublemaker is only going to make things harder for you. Even if your friends are breaking the rules, don't follow their example. Make an effort to stay in your teachers' good books.

avoid drama and gossip. There will be lots of gossip and some really malicious (mean) rumors floating around. Ignore rumors, even when they're about you, and if anyone talks or asks you about a rumor, tell them to ignore it and not spread it around. Never start rumors: they only break friendships, create enemies, hurt feelings, and make things worse for everyone. Gossip may seem juicy at first, but it bites at the end. Do your best to stay away from it.
Help to stop rumors and save lives by standing up for people and not participating by spreading the rumor.
Protect other people's privacy and mistakes. You wouldn't want someone spreading your personal secrets around, would you?
Drama is unnecessary. Some people think that a life has to be filled with melodrama to be important and appreciated by others. It does not. Focusing on the things, people and ideas that are really important is better than worrying about who is going to ask who to the dance.

Don't let your friends get you in trouble. Similar to the step above, you shouldn't be friends with people who get you in serious trouble. If someone asks you to lie about something important, do something illegal, or do something to hurt someone else, then Don't do it. Don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or what you think is wrong. This is called peer pressure and it can lead to all sorts of problems.
Don't be afraid to tell an adult if someone asks or tells you to do something really bad. This doesn't make you a snitch: it makes you a good person doing the right thing. If you make a bad decision, talk to an adult you can trust. Talking to friends about it is the fastest way to start gossip.

Don't worry about relationships. Now that you're in middle school, you'll start feeling a lot more grown up and you might find yourself wanting a boyfriend or a girlfriend. You'll definitely have some pretty serious crushes! But relationships are hard, stressful, and usually cause more problems than they solve. You might enjoy having crushes and maybe flirt a little, but stay single and focus on having fun, making friends, and learning things.

Always know that it gets better. Remember: We won't try to make middle school seem like it's the worst thing that will ever happen to you, it might be really great! But, we also won't try to tell you that it's all awesome and like living in a TV show either. It can be really hard. Just believe that there will be happy times, and there will be sad times, but no matter how bad it gets, things will always get better.

So you get it, right? Probably not cause I don't.

Braylon's schedule is:
Math
P. E
Geography
English
Lunch
Science
Literature
Free period

Zoë's schedule is:
Geography
Soccer
Science
Literature
Lunch
Math
English
Free period

Zoë and Braylon only have 1 class together but only if they are in the same hall.