Chapter 1

"...Thank you guys so much for watching and I will see see you later, recruits. Bye!"
I stopped the recording, and almost on cue, my buddies John and Ross walked into the room, followed by Jin, who asked if we wanted to get lunch. After much disagreement, we eventually decided on Chipotle.
The afternoon speed by, and before we knew it, it was five o clock, and it was pouring, so John called the editor Max to get a ride home.
"You are pickings us ups, ya? No, yous aren't? WELL FUCKS YOU! IT IS POURINGS DOWN RAINS AND YOU WONT COMES AND PICKS US UP?! YOU WANT US TO WALKS?"
Jin and Ross tried to interject, but John wasn't finished just yet.
"NO! WES ARENT GOINGS TO CATCH A COLDS! YOU WONT GETS UP OFF YOUR LAZY ASS TO COME GETS US, MAX!"
Watching John be this upset made me feel weird inside. I don't even know how to go about explaining it. There was this empty feeling inside of me and I wanted it to go away.
"Let me see that Barney." I asked John by his stage name, half expecting him to say no and continue swearing at Max.
But he didn't. He gave me a look that sent an odd but pleasant sensation down my back. Then he handed his iPhone 6 over to me. The thought of me touching something that he had also touched made me want to squeal like a little girl at a Hannah Montana concert. Not to mention, our fingers touched as gave me his phone.
"Dude, really?" I said to Max through the phone.
"Adam? What are you doing? I was talking to John."
"Yeah, well. John has had enough of you. Why can't you simply just drive your lazy ass over here and bring us home? Then you can go about your day."
Silence came on the other end.
Max finally grumbled a very salty "Fine" and hung up.
I grinned. I had done John a solid. But now I had to calm him because he was going on a rant to Jin and Ross and they were just trying to help.
"I CAN'TS BELIEVES THAT HE WOULD LET US STANDS IN THE RAIN AND CATCHS PNEUMONIAS OR SOMETHINGS! AND-" John stopped in his tracks as he saw me walk over.
"Skys." He said softly and looked at the ground.
The way he mispronounced my YouTube name made me warm inside again.
"Yes Barney?" I asked and gazed into his brown eyes.
"Thanks you for gettings us a riding with Max." I grinned as John blushed, and I felt my own cheeks warming in the freezing rain. "Y-yous didn't have to dos that." He added, and turned to Jin and Ross to apologize for all of his yelling.
I stood away from them to wait for Max and also process my own thoughts.
Why was I feeling this way towards my friend? I hadn't always gotten this nervous around him, right? Or had I...?
*****
The ride home was pretty awkward, what with Max giving John a dirty look the entire way. And John seemed uncomfortable, almost...sad. I found myself missing his hilarious accent and shining smile.
I nudged him on the shoulder once we arrived home and sat on the couch.
"Hey, dude. What's up?" I asked, showing my concern.
"Nothing, Adams." John dismissed me, avoiding eye contact with me.
"Are you sure, Barney? You seem upset."
"Yes, Adams! Please, just leaving me alone. Yours makings this worse." John started to get annoyed with me and raised his voice.
"I...I'm sorry. I just...n-never mind." I tried to apologize, but stopped.
John's words replayed again and again in my head. How was I making things worse? That's not at all what I wanted...
And his words hurt. Like a lot.
I got off of the couch and wandered off into my room. I switched on the radio. "She's Kinda Hot" by Five Seconds of Summer blared in my ears. My roommates were likely to complain but I would pay them no mind.
I bobbed to the song and picked up my phone, searching for something more to distract me from my friend's words.
I opened Twitter and scrolled through my feed, to see something that would force my muscles to freeze.
A tweet from John. Forty-three seconds ago??
Mys mother is a greats woman, but shes is not @SkyDoesTweeting. Hints hints, leaving me alone!

I almost threw up in my mouth. All I had done for Barney was help him and he goes and does this?
I tried to force myself to be pissed but the more I thought about it, the more I felt a growing lump in my throat.
Was I really going to cry over him? Over somebody who was supposed to be my best friend?
John wanted to pull some petty shit, but I wasn't having that.
Two can play at that game.