XX

Luke walked out of the bathroom with only a towel covering his body, making me scowl in annoyance. "Would you please put something on?"

"Why?" He raised his eyebrows. "Is my body distracting you?"

"I just feel uncomfortable knowing you're naked under that towel." I grimaced.

He mumbled something that I couldn't understand, shaking his head. Suddenly, he made a move to pull the towel away from his body. I gasped, covering my eyes as I turned around, only to hear him chuckle behind me. "Put something on, Lucas!" I yelled, flustered as I felt my ears getting warmer by the second.

All my senses heightened once I heard his steps coming closer. I opened my eyes as my back was still facing him, when he reached around me, into my closet. "I didn't realize you had your boyfriend living with you." He whispered jokingly, referring to all the oversized sweaters and sweatpants I had in my closet.

"I always got things that would fit Eli and me. He just chooses to wear the same thing every day, so I'm stuck with all these pants and hoodies that make me look like a sack of potatoes all the time." I explained, slapping his hand away when he reached too close to my underwear drawer. Instead, I just picked out something for him to wear and threw it behind me for him to catch.

"Sexiest sack of potatoes I've ever seen," Lucas muttered, his breath fanning my cheek as he leaned his chin on my shoulder to put on those damned pants. He smelled of my shampoo, making him all the more irresistible. "You can turn around now."

"Are you decent?" I asked. I knew Lucas probably didn't have the gall to show me his naked body without my consent, but I obviously didn't know who I was in love with, and I wasn't sure if he'd actually put anything on.

"Of course not."

"Then no." I simply said.

"Do you not trust me?" The childish grin in the way he spoke made me have to suppress a smile of my own.

"Never." I shook my head, determined not to give in too easily.

"I'm just messing with you," Luke gently grabbed my hand, turning me around to face him. "But you do need to learn to trust me."

My cheeks flushed red at the sight of him in my clothes. He looked so good, wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and one of my navy sweaters that fit a little snug around his arms and torso. I shook my head. "Okay."

"You hungry, love?" He smirked, obviously noticing that I couldn't keep my eyes off him. "I could go for something to eat."

"Don't call me that." I snapped, ignoring his statement. I couldn't be hungry. If anything, being this close to him made me nauseous. Luke calling me all these nicknames and being so affectionate only caused me to fall for him even harder, which was the last thing I needed right now. I needed him to leave.

"What? Love? Why not, sweetheart?" He really tested my patience.

"Shut up! I don't want you to call me that." I took a few steps back, creating a distance between us that made me feel both cold and relieved at the same time.

"You just told me you love me, but a little nickname here and there has you all hot and bothered," Lucas was slowly drawing a conclusion. "How much experience do you have with this, Chloe?" I sighed, tired of this interrogation. He didn't need to know how inexperienced I actually was. Luke obviously wasn't good at reading social cues, so he just continued. "I know you're not that shy. You certainly have a big mouth around me."

I didn't want to look at him, but at the same time, I couldn't look away. "I've never been with anybody. So what? I'm not ashamed about it." Sometimes I did feel like I was too ugly, too boring for anybody to be interested in me, which was why I never bothered to pursue a dating life. I'd never been asked on a date or anything, but I wasn't in a rush to jump into a relationship anyway. It made me feel insecure at times, but Lucas didn't need to know that.