The Nerd Who Cried Boyfriend

Annabeth sighed, rubbing her temples.
Unconsciously, she started biting her stubby nails.
They just wouldn't stop would they? It was seriously starting to get annoying.
For the past week or so, her school 'friends' have been violently shipping her with the most foul creature in her pleasant prison: Samuel Odair.
He had greasy beach blond hair that was tied back tightly, he reeked of cheap cologne! Not to mention, he was the DUMBEST being since Percy!

Actually, Annabeth bit back her words, Percy was always mistaken as a dimwitted person but really he was quite smart.
A smile crept upto Annabeth's face as she thought of Percy... sigh.

"Oooh, is the blondie thinking of Sammy?" Kasey Simpsons walked up to her table and sat down.
Annabeth opened her mouth to protest, but before the words could come out Kasey's sidekick Natasha butted in, "Awww, c'mon. Give Annie a break!" Annabeth gave her a gracious smile, but Natasha continued, "She was probably daydreaming about her so-called boyfriend 'Peter.'"

Annabeth fumed. "Its Percy." She said angrily.

They still don't believe her.

Ever since she came to school and everyone started to ship her with Samuel, no one believed her when she protested against their ships and tried to tell then she had a boyfriend: Percy Jackson.

Obviously, they did NOT believe her.

Kasey took one look at her then stroked her hand, "C'mon Annie, live a little. We're only joking."

"Don't call me Annie." She barely mumbled.

Kasey leaned in closer so that their cheeks were touching, "What?"

Annabeth's cheeks turned red, "N-nothing."

Ugh, how had she stooped so low? How in the world have her 'friends' turned her into this- this... submissive bitch?

If the camp knew what she was going through right now, they would be disgusted. To see their trusted leader so helpless, so pathetic.

What would Percy say?

She shook those thoughts out of her head.

The bell rang and she got up to leave.

As she was about to exit the doors, Kasey came running upto her, "Hey! ANNABETH!"

Said-person haulted in their tracks to turn to Kasey Simpsons.

Kasey fidgeted, "Would you like to go for a movie this Friday, basically tomorrow?"

Annabeth shrugged, "Sure, why not?"

Kasey smiled brightly, "Okay then, it's a date." With that she kissed Annabeth's cheek and left.

_______________\line break/_____________

Annabeth stood there processing what just happened.

Kasey didn't really think it was an actual date, did she?

Deep in thought, she went back home for a well-deserved nap.

_______________/linebreak/_____________

Annabeth felt giddy when she woke up on Friday, someone special was coming today.

Getting on with her daily routine, she brushed, bathed, changed, ate and said a good-bye to her Dad.

Walking to school, she remembered the conversation with Kasey, Annabeth would obviously have to confront her.

Fortunately for her, she bumped into Kasey on the way to class.