Chapter 29: There For You

A/n: This is dedicated to @thementalistjisbon !!! I think you'll like this chapter ;) Well, least the beginning <3   Early update due to the gain of new readers <3 Love ya guys ;)

YES!!! We are up to 5k reads! You're all amazing, 1k+ reads in only a week!!! Thank you so much! I think, for this story, my goal would be to gain 10k before it ends. Let's see how that plays out, cause I'm not entirely too sure .-. lol XD Enjoy!! Prepare for some long awaited Pepperony ;)

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 29: There For You

Third Person POV

        Tony let out what must have been the millionth sigh as he sat casually behind his desk. His feet were kicked up onto the desk and he lay back on the chair, a drink in his hand. He tilted his foot to the side quickly and Pepper peeked at him through her strawberry blonde hair. The framing around her was black and delicate; her body was pressed into his side as they smiled to the camera at some benefit years ago. Without another seconds thought he sat up in his chair and placed his barely touched drink onto the table roughly. Some of the toxic liquid fell onto the top and Tony wiped it absentmindedly with his t-shirt.

        He mulled over the argument in his mind, his teeth grinding slightly as he thought carefully. His mind replayed Andy's voice, screaming to him, "What about Pepper?" He stood and went to toss the drink into the sink at the corner of his work shop.

"Jarvis, call Pepper"

"Yes sir" the AI replied. He called three times and went straight to voicemail each time. Letting out an irritated sound, he told Jarvis to call once more and left her a message. It was a simple one, telling her to come to his house as soon as she could. Although he didn't know it, his voice sounded stressed and slightly desperate. He turned himself back to his chair and looked at the lit up digital clock. It read '3:47'; Tony knew it would be awhile before she would be coming. But even with the logic that it was too early for most people to function, he still waited impatiently.

        Tony picked up a light blue pen from the counter and tried to roll it over his knuckles in boredom. When he failed the first time, he threw it down and stood, restless. He ran a hand over his mouth and kept it around his beard, thinking. He turned to look back at the pen slowly and thoughts of Edward flooded his mind. He couldn't believe that Andy would lie like that. Honestly they hardly even spoke to one another; she didn't know why she would be trying to get him in trouble. Unless... she was jealous of him.

        It all made sense to him now, Andy was jealous and angry towards Edward for being his son. She tried to turn the tables around, saying that he was the jealous one, just to make her seem that much more vulnerable. He found himself scoffing, upset at her low standards. He continued to ponder over their earlier argument for a few hours before Jarvis told him Pepper was home.

        She stood at the front of the door, her hands empty and shaking slightly. She hadn't brought her purse with her, making her feel bare as she urged to grip onto something, to steady herself. Finally, she took a breath and opened the door. Tony stood in front of her, eyes full of sorrow as he saw her. They stayed quiet for awhile, just looking at one another, before Pepper tossed him a waiting look.

"Pepper, I'm sorry" he said instantly and she laughed lightly.

"Tony, sorry is getting old. You were sorry for leaving my car in that parking lot, you were sorry for forgetting to go to the council meeting, you were sorry for destroying that designer building-"

"That was a complete and total accident"

"Even so, Tony I'm tired of your sorrys" she admitted.