Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever

a/n: Dedicated to @SilverRaine :D Hope you all like it :D

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever

Andy

                He led me outside and to a small rectangular table underneath a large group of trees. He sat down and pulled some papers from his backpack before smiling at me and starting.

"Okay, so since it's your first day here, this is a map of the school. Tomorrow Academy is a little different than other schools but I think you can cope pretty fast. What school did you go to before this?"

"I didn't" I said after a few seconds, slow building up the courage to speak.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused. It took me less time to speak up then the last.

"I've never been to school before, ever. I was homeschooled for all of my life so far."

"Oh wow, really? So no preschool, not even like, I dunno, a daycare before that?"

"Nope" I said, popping the 'P'. I was getting more comfortable speaking to him.

"Well looks like your fairing well for someone who's never been around others" he adjusted himself in his seat and moved his bag aside so that there was nothing between us. I nodded and he continued. I knew he was probably wondering why, but he never asked. He showed me some general  locations with the map and then took my schedule from me to find my classes.

"Dang, they already got you in an AP class and Honors?" he looked from the paper up to me.

"What does that mean?"

"AP and Honors are basically a higher level for the subject. So, Pre-Calculus, there's regular Pre- Cal, and then there's honors. Afterwards, you will take Calculus, and it's either regular or AP. AP stands for Advanced Placement. AP can extend your GPA and get you college credits if you pass the AP exam at the end of the year. Honors can boost up your GPA but it doesn't have the option of college credits. Oh and GPA is Grade Point Average."

"Okay" I said slowly.

"You get it? Want me to go through it again?"

"No, I'm okay. So, is it a lot of classes?" I asked, forgetting of mine were AP.

"Um, not that many actually. You have AP European History and Honors Geometry. Besides that you have Spanish, P.E, Anatomy, and English 10. Pretty good schedule I think. Now here is the gym, and over here the Spanish room, so that should be easy. Now, math and Anatomy are towards the left wing of the school, so you have to make sure you leave early so that you won't be late. Mr. Redge isn't exactly fond of late kids so beware, he's the Geometry teacher." Xander continued to debrief me on every class I had, what the teachers were like, and how well he thought I would do overall.

                I was starting to feel better, to feel comfortable in his presence, if only to the minimum. Then the bell rang and, at the sight of over two hundred kids climbing the stone steps, I felt like I was going to die again.

"Alright, well that's our cue. Come on, I'll walk you over to Mr. Redge's. I can't believe you got stuck with him as your home room too." He stood and I tucked all my papers away into my satchel.

"This way, don't get lost on me" he laughed as we made our way around the school. I stared at him, puzzled, wondering why we weren't going to the stone steps. He led me to a dark green door and opened it for me.

"I figured you wouldn't do so well in crowds. There are at least four back doors at this school that you could use. It'll take you through certain classrooms so you'll have to be careful about which one you use. I'll tell you more about them at lunch, which by the way, we'll meet at the same spot we were at." We walked through a classroom with a skeleton and sinks and I was told it was the Anatomy room, but the first class isn't until second period. So no one was usually in there until that time. We both stood at the front of the door and I peered through it curiously.