Chapter 28: Accidents?

A/n: This is dedicated to @Haticester!! Thanks for reading, it means a lot!

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 28: Accidents?

. : ☼ : . Two Days Later  . : ☼ : .

Andy's POV

"I'm home" I muttered to myself as I opened the door slowly. I looked back to see Pepper driving quickly away; she hadn't been inside this house since Edward came around. I couldn't blame her; if I could, I'd go live with her. Hmm, I never thought of that before. As I considered the consequences of moving in with Pep, not all of them bad, I walked into the house quietly. Trying to avoid all signs of contact, I crept my way into my room and plopped on the bed. Today had not been a good day.

                I could hardly imagine four more days without my friends. School was dull without them, even terrifying when it came to P.E and lunch, for obvious reasons. I sighed heavily and lifted myself up off the bed. I went to my closet and carefully pulled out my mechanics from the pressurized container. I laid them out delicately on my bed, two perfected jet boots and two hand repulsors. The left arm just needed minor finishing touches while the right still needed some additional bulk. I pulled out some tools from another drawer in the cabinet and started to work.

                All of yesterday I was stuck in my room, working as hard as I could in my armor parts. Luckily for me, neither Tony nor Edward had come to bug me. By the time my stomach had begun to feel like it was eating itself, I had gone downstairs to grab something to eat. Jarvis told me that they were locked in the workshop. I tried to focus my mind on my work as I remembered hearing Tony and Edward walking up. They kept talking about how smart Edward was and wondering how he maintained it all those years. I ran up the stairs with only a granola in hand and squatted down when the made a turn, hoping they couldn't see me.

"It's nice, you know, having someone around who thinks exactly like me" Edward had confessed.

"Yeah, I know how you feel" Tony replied, staring down at the counter top in the kitchen. He wiped away some of the granola crumbs I left behind and looked up again.

"I figure, she's not like me, like us, huh?" Edward asked before sitting himself down on the kitchen chair.

"Who?"

"Andy" Edward said in such a cold voice, I shivered just remembering it.

"No. she doesn't even know her multiples. I mean, she's smart but she just doesn't think the same way. I- She's always trying to prove herself but it just hurts me to see her keep failing" Tony said in a low, honest voice.

"Really? Tony, it's not considered smart if she can't even multiply. That's like kindergarten stuff! Why don't you just dump her then, drop her off? Why is she even here?" I just saw Tony shrug before I crawled up the stairs quickly. The granola crumbled in my hand but I didn't bother to pick it up as I went into my room.

                I closed my eyes and my fingers paused, trying not to think so hard. I literally shook my head to rid of the thoughts and continued to work, using a mini wielder to weld the armor together on the floor. The back of my continued to nag at me, saying Tony was going to drop me off somewhere. I was going to end up in some adoption center. Why couldn't I just live with Pepper?

                Just as I began to honestly consider packing my stuff and heading to Pepper's house, the room spun for a second. The dizziness was so intense that I had dropped the wielding gun and placed both hands on the floor. Strangely enough, it only lasted a few seconds and I was left with a weird flavor in my mouth. What was wrong with me? In my rush to get things back to normal, I went to working on the arm piece almost immediately. I didn't dwell on what had happened for long, wanting to forget it along with everything else. I just needed a clear mind; I needed to finish this arm, to do something.