Chapter 12: Darkness

A/n: So the picture on the side, supposed to be her looking back and seeing *dramatic music* him!!! But as you can tell, they are not at an amusement park, nor are surrounded by strangers, nor is he wearing a red shirt... hehe yeah. Also, Andy would never dress up like that unless Pepper forced her to, well maybe, but not to Six Flags!

                Also! Check out the video to the side, love this ride, best video I could find. Just watch guys, it's really cool :3

. : ☼ : .

Chapter 12: Darkness

                "It's always darkest before the dawn"

                                                                                -Florence and the Machine

Andy

                I woke up with a start and placed my hand on my chest. Even though it should have been beating a hundred miles a minute, it was slow and uneven. I gasped for breath as glimpses of my nightmare flashed behind my eyes.

"You're okay, you're okay" I repeated to myself. I managed to even out my breathing but my heart beat was still slow. I felt the sudden need to get up and I flung myself into a sitting position. My head spun and the floor blurred. I tilted forward until I felt the rough carpet on my cheek, my body thrown onto the ground. I got into the fetal position, trying to make sense of what was in front of me and my breathing became ragged.

                I felt my chest throb with pain and I tried to block out all feeling. What is happening? Why is this coming back? I groaned to the floor and tried to block everything out. I clutched at my chest, trying to store away the pain. "You're okay, you're okay" I repeated in my head over and over, until I felt like I might throw the words up. After a few minutes, I felt Al hovering by my back and walk over to my face. He rested down next to me, tucking his head into my stomach.

                Twenty seconds, forty, fifty, ninety, one hundred... where was I? I started off again and only remember counting up to two hundred as the pain started to subside. I lifted myself up slowly from the ground and saw light peeking in through my curtains. I looked up at the alarm clock, unsure of the time. Wow, it was three am. I struggled to stand and forced myself onto my bed. Al followed, taking an almighty leap up onto the double mattress. He clawed his lower half up onto the covers and came by me again.

                I tried to find sleep, but I knew it wouldn't come. I reached over to my bedside and pulled the cord out of my StarkPod. I started up a new message and wrote a simple greeting before sending it off.  I set the phone down on my chest before checking my pulse shakily. It seemed to be back to normal; I sighed with relief. My phone vibrated violently and I picked it up hurriedly and answered the text.

"Hey, up late I see" –Luke

"More like I woke up early, are you sleeping?"

"Nope, sky diving. You should come over :P" I rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me and quickly tapped in my response. Four hours later and Tony was knocking violently on my door. I sent my goodbye and trudged through the empty carpet way. I opened it slowly and waved my hello.

"What happened?" he asked, slightly worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You're all pale and... sticky" he said as he pressed a finger to my forehead. "Ew, go shower smelly. Be ready in an hour, we're all going out!" his voice got gradually louder as he walked down the stairs. What got into him? Just last night he was all worried about... what was he worried about? I closed my door again and headed over to my bathroom, wondering where on Earth we could be going.