Chapter 8 (Brother)

CARLOS JAMESRIDGE

After two hours of familiarising myself with our surroundings, it was beginning to get dark so I started to head back. I opened the door to find Lynelle in the living room with two other people. Co-workers no doubt. Today was a day off at the offices. I guess they lived close by, maybe in the same building?

"Ah, I see you didn't get run over by a car. Congratulations good sir." I rolled my eyes as I shut the door behind me and locked it.

"Oh please. If I were to get run over by a car, you would be the one driving it."

"Good point. Anyways guys this is the company I'm stuck with for the duration of Lewis' trip. You can call him the idiot who lost his car."

"And while you're at it, you can call her Queen Piggy."

"You two seem to get along." Hannah said? I think that's Hannah, blonde with the blue highlights..... Yeah that's Hannah. I'll get used to the extra names at some point but the other blonde one seems to look at me like he's contemplating something.

><><><><><><><><><><

12am and everyone has decided to leave. I was just in the living room with Lynelle doing whatever.

"Alright but what if you did wake up in a locked basement and your hands were zip tied behind your back? Also what if your captor was stupid enough to not tie your legs or maybe just did a really shit job at it."

"I dunno, I'd probably take some time to survey my surroundings. See the captor. Look at their sanity. If they're an emotional wreck, that'll be fun to deal with. Find possible ways to escape. Wait why are we talking about this?"

"I'm bored. I just wanna see what you would do."

"If I end up in a basement with my hands zip tied. If I get out, I will kill you."

DUNCAN JONES

That Carlos guy, I could've sworn that he looks like the guy with that girl. Same hair, eyes, facial features, skin tone, height, the shape of their body. Even the voice was the same.

This couldn't be possible, he was with Lynelle and Lewis the whole time in London. I even asked him if he had any siblings, he didn't say he had any.

><><><><><><><><><><

CARLOS JAMESRIDGE (AND WE BACK)

It's been a week, Lewis has returned yesterday and I'm due to go back in two days. With both of them at work, Lewis at Yogtowers and Lynelle in her office at home, instead of choosing the lazy route and staying in the flat I decide to walk around the neighbourhood.

I walked along an empty street and felt someone grab my arm. I turned around.

"Ahh, brother. Good to see you again." I sighed, shrugged his hand off and started walking again. "Come on Carlos, it's been so long. We should catch up. How's Lynelle? How's Marcella?" Come on Carlos, just keep walking. It's alright. No need to listen to him. "Come on Carlos, tell me. Is she good or is she the filling of a compressed, metal sandwich?" Keep walking. "That doesn't capture your attention? Impressed but you know, that Lewis guy seems pretty special to your little friend." Wait a minute. I halted and turn around.

"What about him?"

"Well, you see brother. He seems to be in the way of something. Something my friend wants."

"Where are you going with this?"

"You see this? Hmm little brother?" What is he doing with makeup?

"Why do you have a tube of concealer?"

"In order to look like you. I need to cover up all these tattoos and what do you think I'm gonna do? Wear a turtle neck? Wear a scarf?"

"Look like me? Why on earth would you need to do that for?"

"Lewis is due to leave work in about 2 hours, I might as well pay him a visit. He seems to trust you when it comes to the subject of Lynelle."

"Wait what?" I took a step closer to him but felt myself being pulled back. Of course.

"Now now, I know you're a fast runner brother and I don't want you to interfere so I've decided that you should stay with these two lovely men while I go get ready." He started to walk off and before a word left my mouth, I felt a knife being pressed up against my side.

"We were given very specific instructions. It'll make everything easier if you cooperate." Wouldn't it of been great if my trainer taught us how to deal with this type of situation sooner? Oh well. I got this.