Akashi Seijuro: Meeting III

Updating againnnn... Hopefully I can keep up this fast rate before next week ends. * U* /

---

Akashi Seijuro: Meeting III

Murasakibara happily shows your appalling grade to Akashi.

---

A wrinkled sheet of paper lies folded between the tips of your index finger and your thumb. You've never experienced such failure before. The red mark on the top right corner was a single digit number- an eight. You scored an 8 out of 100 on a multiple-choice test. You knew you hated history, but you have never hated the subject with such passion before. It wasn't that you didn't study, because you had. You had studied until late into midnight- perhaps that was the problem. You overslept and arrived to class with only 10 minutes left until the next class. It didn't help that your teacher took his time giving you the test paper either. You suspected that he had done it on purpose out of spite.

You scratched your head in frustration, wanting to charge head-first into a stone pillar, but didn't because of the onlookers passing by. Your grandmother was going to destroy you when she sees this grade. A thought crosses your mind. Maybe if you crawled into a hole and died there then you wouldn't have to return home to face your grandmother. You chuckled to yourself miserably.

"(f/n)-chin..." You feel the sheet of paper slip out of your fingertips, being pulled up. "You have a single digit test grade." A large shadow casts over you. It was your cousin. Gods! It was your cousin!

"Atsushi!" You got up and turned around to swipe the test paper from his hand, but it was out of your reach. "Quit it!" you yelled, feeling your cheeks heat up and tears form at the corners of your eyes.

"I'm surprised someone like you would score so low on a test." As if to taunt you, he held the test paper even higher out of reach. In an act of desperation, you climb on top of the bench you had been sitting on and reached for the sheet of paper, but he was too far away. You take a leap towards him, but miss him when he unknowingly moves aside. You were going to fall.

"Ah! Crap!" You shut your eyes instinctively, but the pain doesn't come. Wait. This scenario is very familiar.

"Oh, Aka-chin..." You heard your cousin say. Your eyes flutter open and a light gasp escapes your lips when you realized that you were being held.

"A-Akashi-kun!" You pull away from him in haste and cover your face to hide the crimson color creeping up your cheeks.

"(l/n)-san... It's good to see you again." Akashi glances over to your cousin. A glint of curiosity flashes through his eyes when he takes notice of the sheet of paper in your cousin's hands.

"Ah..." A devious smile appears on Murasakibara's lips. "It's (f/n)-chin's test." He bends down to hand the sheet of paper to Akashi. You had to keep yourself from screaming out in protest. Those few seconds that Akashi stared at your test paper felt like the longest moment of your life.

"It's... It's all over. He thinks I'm an idiot now..." You thought. "I hate you, Atsushi! I hope you grow so tall that you have to kneel to avoid bumping head first into ceilings every time, Atsushi! Go choke on a cream puff, Atsushi!" You continued to curse at your cousin in your mind until your thoughts were finally interrupted. Akashi had handed the paper back to you without saying a word.

"Let's go, Atsushi," he simply said and proceeded to walk away. Murasakibara follows behind, satisfied.

"W-Wait!" you call out, following them. "It's not what it looks like! I'm not an idiot, I swear!" You mentally kicked yourself when you realized what you were doing, what you were saying.

"I didn't call you one." Akashi makes no effort to look at you and continued to walk.

"Yeah, but..."

"I'm not one to determine a person's worth by their smarts. Academics is only one skill," he says, finally glancing over at you, "I assume you have others."

You didn't notice when it occurred, but somewhere along the line, you had stopped following Akashi, put into a daze. Well... Crap. You covered your face. Your cheeks were hot and your heart was beating in rapid rhythm.

"I like him!"