Chapter 6: Jungle

Xia's POV:

Gripping onto the tree bark i jump with elegance from tree to tree winding my way through the jungle towards an encampment of soldiers. Xanthea and Xanthe, my twin younglings following behind me, Xanthe being the lurker and Xanthea being the Soldier. They wanted similar names saying it would make them even closer so i just let them choose their names like they wanted. Landing with a thump on a branch i overlook the the small base, feeling the other two land behind and next to me on the tree. "Time to see how well you do, let no one see you" I order them spotting about 5 soldiers on the outside, but sensing more somewhere within the bigger area to the back among the buildings. You could practically feel the excitement in the air as the launched of to deal with these 5 soldiers leaving me to find and eliminate the others.

My dome follows a facehugger sent by the queen , watching as it jump into some vents that probably lead more inward making me follow in its path. Stopping at the end of the vent right at the opening, i see the facehugger scurry behind a female soldier, jumping on the unsuspecting woman making her fall backwards and attract attention from a fellow soldier by the sound. "Man down, i repeat man down!" The marine speaks into some kind of rectangular black box in his hand while checking over his fallen comrade.

I climb out of the vent still clinging to the wall till i get to the roof where i look down at the human. My leg muscles exspand as i launch myself into the air landing right ontop of him clawing and swiping at any chance i get till his struggeling came to an end with him going slack, his blood dripping from my claws as i stand above his body. Hearing a strange mechanical sound i turn only to jump out oof the way when bullets shoot at the corpse i was just standing over. It was one of those damned mini turret guns. The frightend soldier behind the turret jumps when my hiss of both anger and pain resonates throughout the now silent compound. I lift my claw seeing the human and now my blood mixing as my acidic blood trailed down my arm from the wound on my shoulder, pierced by that pet gun of the marines! 

A guttural snarl is heard before the guy fell beneath my form as i jumped over the turret with great speed , biting down on his arm as he tries to shield his face from my attacks. Biting down harder i taste the blood of my enemy making my more primal side come forth, his voice cries out again when his bones snap and crack between my teeth till i completely bit his arm of, blood spewing over both of our forms causing delight to one and horror to the other.  Leaning down i bite down on his throat shaking my head like a feral dog tearing my way through the tender flesh of his jugular before he goes limp in my hold. My form stills, going up and down from rugged and hard breaths, low growling rumbling from my throat , jaw twitching as the blood trails down and drips onto the ground...

"SHIT! Its a xenomorph!"

The body drops from my maw my head snapping towards the running man's figure as he enters the other side of the base. Hissing lowly i quickly bite down on the laptops from which the turrets are controlled before chasing the mans scent. Climbing the gate of the second part of the compound i overlook the swamp like area that has three houses and a iron towering sending signals if im guessing correctly seeing the satellite dishes. My lip curls upwards, still breathing hard before i head in. There was a soldier and two unarmed workers, the one frantically rushing into a building to hide from me. 

The other two seem to react and straighten up, though you can see and smell the fear off of them they were trying to hide it  , it was suspicious behavior though not uncommon for humans to pretend they are not scared of us. Jumping on the roof of one of the buildings i quickly pick up the one worker that was still outside mumbling to himself and stab my tail through his back straight through his mouth silencing any screams leaving only gurgling to be heard. Tossing the corpse aside without much of a care i zoom in on my next victim. I jump down landing behind some big boxes stacked on each other watching his movements as he walks by location till he notices some blood on the ground. "What the hell?" As his sentence finishes my tail slams down onto his back making him fall over with an 'Oof' before crying out in alarm when he feels me turning him over onto his back and pinning his body down. He looks up at me, freezes as i grin, and scream s out in pure agony as my claws dig into his eye sockets obliterating his squishy little eyeballs making them into bloody puree. Twisting his head with force from left to right without stop as my claws still grip his sockets his neck cracks and his flesh gives way as his head get torn clean off.