Epilogue

Three Months Later:

I anxiously waited in line, tapping my foot rapidly on the tile floor of the airport.

Would my friends say when they saw me? Would they even want to see me?

I was getting more nervous by the second.

I put in my earbuds and turned on some music to drown my thoughts.

I faintly hear my mom calling my name, so I pull one out.

"Just a few more minutes honey, then we can go get settled."

We were currently waiting in line at the rental car dealer, seeing as we sold our last car at the beginning of summer.

It turns out that my dad could also work from where we used to live in California and just manage operations here rather than in London. So we decided to move back, seeing as we also couldn't find a decent place to live or for me to go to school.

I was a ball of anxiety when I thought about seeing my old friends again. I'd only been gone for most of the summer, but I felt like we'd been apart for ages.

Had all of them moved on?

I knew Olive would still welcome me with open arms.

But what about that boy that I still couldn't seem to forget? The one who told me he loved me before I left?

Did he move on and find someone else?

The thought made me sick to my stomach. I hadn't spoken to him since that last day at the airport. I decided to let him go. And plus, we technically broke up months before I left, so it's not like we were in a relationship.

Still...I couldn't expect him to wait for me. He probably thought he would never see me again and moved on with his life.

I hadn't told anyone that I was returning. I couldn't bear the thought of what they would say. This way they would have to soften the blow if they saw me face-to-face.

<><><>

Olive was the first one I saw once we got settled. I just decided to go over to her house, and luckily she was home.

She was so happy, in that jittery Olive-type way.

She was even more excited that our move back was mostly likely permanent, and I would be attending Miller again in the fall.

Apparently, Cole had been pretty MIA the whole summer. She had only seen him once or twice.

My heart dropped at this. He was probably busy with a new girlfriend.

I couldn't seem to stop thinking about possible scenarios involving Cole, so I headed to the skate park to clear my mind.

But before I could make my way through the trees, I spotted a figure on the play structure. It wasn't a child. It was Cole.

My heart crawled up my throat. Why was he here?

I didn't want to sneak up on him, so I didn't try to quiet my steps as I climbed the structure. If he knew someone was there, he didn't acknowledge it. He just stayed there, looking off into the distance standing in the exact spot where we first kissed.

When I was only feet away he spoke. "Ryan, or Dylan, or whoever's there, I told you I don't wanna talk-"

He turned and froze when he spotted me. He blinked, as if trying to wake himself from a dream.

"Great, now I'm hallucinating too," he groaned. I just laughed and his eyes went wide.

He ran over and grabbed me by the shoulders, looking me up and down.

"Holy..."

He enveloped me in a bone crushing hug.

"Devin," he breathed into my ear. I tightly squeezed him back.

"Are you going to disappear again?"

The pain in his voice brought tears to my eyes.

"No," I shook my head. "Never."

<><><>

And there it is folks. The end of 'Seawater'.

This is the end of the line for Colevin, there will be no sequels or spinoffs. I would rather concentrate on my newer, better stories.

It was a pleasure to write this for you all, and I thank you for all of your support. This is the first 'real' book I've finished on here, and it feels good.

If you have any questions, I'll answer them in the comments.

Vote and comment.

Love to you all,

Molly ;)