Tick Tock

Tick tock goes the clock
And what now shall we play?
Tick tock goes the clock
Now summer's gone away?

Tick tock goes the clock
And what then shall we see?
Tick tock until the day
That thou shalt marry me

Tick tock goes the clock
And all the years they fly
Tick tock and all too soon
You and I must die

Tick tock goes the clock
We laughed at fate and mourned her
Tick tock goes the clock
Even for the Doctor

Tick tock goes the clock
He cradled her and he rocked her
Tick tock goes the clock
Till River kills the doctor

This is my favorite poem, it makes me feel like there is someone else like me, but I knows there isn't. My name is Alise, I'm 17 and alone in this world. My parents are dead and the rest of the cruel family hates me.

I stepped outside of the apartment to smell the fresh air of the city. I've gotten used to the smell of pollution and gas.

I started walking to her jet black car, silence filling the dark night sky. I was meeting Alexxsus, my best friend, for pizza and karaoke, even though we both sucked at singing. Yet Alexxsus was persistent on telling me that I was a good singer.

I almost drove past her house because I  was deep in my thoughts.

"Hey! What's the big idea, you were about to drive right past me!

Said Alexxsus as she got in the car. I'm always jealous of her straight red hair, it takes hours to get my hair tame.

"Sorry, I just got a lot on my mind."

"Whatever, it's fine. So where are we going for pizza?"

I thought for a short time then said

"How about Papa Johns?"

"Sounds good to me!"

But then silence grew in the car as the passed Kathrine's house. Kathrine had been in that house for weeks and refused to come out. Rumors quickly spread that she was slowly going crazy day, by day. But I'm the only one who knew the real story, yet told no one.

Soon we arrived at Papa Johns. We ordered both of our favorites, pineapple with peppers and onions.

We had a weird friendship.

We finished pizza and the long conversation  about Scooby Doo. We said stuff like

"What the heck Scooby, you think you can just be a part of the team and be a little baby."

There was also

"C'mon, even Shaggy is braver than you, AND YOUR A DOG."

We were weird friends, brushing off the fact everyone was staring at is. We are our abnormal pizza concoction and left.

We went to a little place for karaoke and sang two randomly picked songs a piece. I sang Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes and Roses by Chainsmokers. Alexxsus sang Love Yourself by JB and Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. We shared a pizza cookie and left.

"How about we have a sleepover at my place?"

Alexxsus said.

"Sounds good to me, but can you drop me by my house for a couple minutes so I can grab my stuff?"

"Yeah"

We drove by her house and got her stuff, we went back to Alexxsus's house and had a great time. We watched movies, ate popcorn and criticized the characters.

But all I could think about was Kathrine. I will always blame myself  for what had happened to Kathrine, but it wasn't her fault. Kathrine had pushed the limits with her... issue. Even though  we were fighting I wouldn't tell anyone what was wrong.

Kathrine had gotten into trouble when she was younger, so she ran away for a bit. It didn't last long because she tripped over a rock and was injured so badly because she landed on a nail, she had to be rushed to a hospital. When she woke up from her two day coma, she looked up and saw her parents there with wide eyed and weary looks on their faces.

They later found out that Kathrine had an uncharted virus that didn't have a cure. The virus started in Katherine. They called it la colère du sang, anger of the blood, because anyone that touched blood from the person that had it, would get the disease.

The doctor hypnotized her so she wouldn't remember she had it. The doctors made it so the symptoms would have no effect. But the symptoms came back with two words. Only Kathrine's closest friend knew it, and that was me. I knew if the time came, I just might have to use them. But only if she started to remember, and that is exactly what happened. Kathrine remembered what happened. She remembered what she had. She rembered what she could do with it, and I had to use those words.

The two words that would ruin our friendship

The two words that would end it

The two words that would change everything

And those words were

Tick Tock

Hey, It's Kasity! I just wanted to let you know that I didn't write that poem. It is actually my favorite poem, it is from Doctor Who! I know I'm geeky. You don't have to read these little notes from now on, but it would give you little tips about the story. Thanks😘