chapter six ➸ morning scramble

"Hey! Lyra!" The shouts and bangs on my door arouse me. Frantic jitters shoot through my body at the urgent tone and I go to jump out of bed, only to realize that something's holding me down.

I pause, looking down at Ben's sleeping form.

His face is so peaceful. His expression is soft and relaxed. His worry lines are virtually erased, the frown that very recently adorned his face is vanished.

I'm close enough to see the little things I love about him. The mole over his eyebrow. The pink of his lips that are scabbed, due to his habitual lip biting. The light dust of freckles that litter his cheekbones. The way his eyelashes flutter whenever he inhales. The way his raven-colored strands curl over his ears, and tumble carelessly over his forehead. The only badge he evidentially bore of the events last night (or early this morning) is his swollen eye.

He mesmerizes me; nothing in the world could convince me to wake him up at this exact moment.

Except for an emergency.

That emergency being my friends pounding on the door, moments away from discovering the pair of us together in my room with the door locked.

Although we had done nothing but talk and fall asleep beside each other, the way it looked would be much less convincing.

"Ben!" I whisper, shaking the calm boy's shoulder. His brown eyes fly open and he sits up immediately.

"What's wrong?" He practically shouts. I freeze, terrified that the Padawans outside might've heard his voice. When they carry on trying to get my attention, I'm allowed the satisfaction of knowing that they hadn't.

"How in the Force are we supposed to get you out of here without Catherine and Sybil seeing you leave?" I demand, gesturing wildly to convey the seriousness of the situation.

Ben slowly turns his head to the door with his eyebrows furrowed. I roll my eyes.

"You could hide me in the bathroom?" He suggests. I glance over my fingers, deciphering what he said. Would it work?

"That's all we can do, I guess." I shrug. Why am I always the one to get caught in these situations?

"Don't worry Lya, I've got it under control." He smirks, still sitting in the exact place I'd woken him up. I raise my eyebrow as if to say, 'well?'

The devil leans forward and steals a quick kiss on my nose before I can register his actions. My cheeks turn a dark shade of crimson and I frown, lightly slapping him.

"Knock it off!" I warn. He sends me his knowing grin before disappearing into the bathroom.

I pull my training garments over my head, straightening my undershirt. I slip into tight pants and leave my shoes off, setting it to look as if I were just in the middle of getting ready.

By myself.

I throw my bedroom door open suddenly. Catherine stumbles forward, and Sybil stills, her fist raised mid-knock.

"Why're your cheeks so red?" She inquires, raising her eyebrows with a playful tint in her eye. Catherine gathers herself from the ground and dusts off her pants, looking absolutely mortified.

"Uh, hot shower?" I excuse. Sybil doesn't look convinced, but chooses not to press.

"Are you ready for training?" Catherine asks, plastering a slightly concerned smile on her face.

"Oh, stars! I'm so sorry. I forgot." I admit.

The pair had been talking about our strictly-girls-only training day for weeks (the day was meant for catching up and gossip really, no actual training), and Ben had distracted me enough to let it slip my mind.

It always seems to end up that way.

"Well, you're lucky. Luna said she'd be late, anyway. We'll wait." My blonde friend assures, and I make a mental note to thank her later. Unless Cat had convinced her to be, Sybil was rarely one of patience.

Sybil gathers her dark hair into a ponytail and sighs. "Fine."

I grin and shut my door, changing out of my Padawan-training cloak and into something more comfortable.

"Are they gone?" Ben pipes up behind me, scaring me half to death. I cover my almost- bare torso and scream.

"Go away!" I say, flustered. Ben scrambles back into the bathroom, an embarrassed blush apparent on his pale skin.

As soon as I'm dressed I join my best friend in the bathroom.

"They're waiting for me outside. The best chance you have is to- well, uhm. Go through Cat's room." I tell him.

"I can make it work." He responds, somehow reminding me of his father. I smile, putting my palms on his shoulders.

"I know you can." I smile, meaning every word I say. We stare into each other's eyes for seconds, and I silently relish his company.

"Meet me in the forest in 3 hours? I want to spend time with you." He mumbles, his brown orbs never wavering. My shoulders sink. I feel bad for leaving my friends to be with him.

And at the same time, I know it's where I'd rather be.

"Fine." I breath. I hate denying him sometimes. Okay, all the time.

Things would be worlds different if I weren't a Jedi. If he weren't a Jedi.

"Now go, before they get apprehensive." I order, playfully shoving him to Catherine's door on the other side of the bathroom.

"And don't get caught." I add.

"Do I ever?" He teases.

"Yes." I retort.

His stupid grin makes a reappearance and he grabs my hand, lacing his fingers between mine and giving it a squeeze.

"Bye, Ben." I finalize, feeling his fingers drop from mine. He slips through the door without looking back.

What's he up to? I wonder.

If only I knew.

-

hellooo loves

how are you

i feel good about this chapter.. it wasn't quite as dramatic but it really provided a nice calm before the storm

;)

alright

i guess i'll sleep now

don't forget to read my other kylo ff if there are actually any of you here who haven't read it

and thank you again for all of your love for covet it means the world:)

ily all

kait