#10 - Promise.

Hiroka Tamadashi POV

7 years ago..

"Why are you following me?" Hanabi Fukunada asked as we were on our way to pick a present for that dumbhead (Yamato). "If you're not here to help me pick a gift for Yamato then scram!" She said harshly.

"You don't have to be harsh." I said leaping steps next to her.

She only let out a sigh and walked faster than me. I followed her like a tail, enjoying things as how it is. "Say... Haven't you heard anything from Yamato? We haven't seen Yamato for a while and yet I can tell you're getting excited to buy him a gift." I said.

"Sh-shut up! It's not like I like him or anything."
Wow... That's a tsundere right there.

"You like him do you?" I teased her.

"Sh-shut up.... Well.... I'm not sure. But I'm too young to have feelings for someone so this is nothing like love!" She denied it when it's obvious that she likes him. That dumbhead Yamato is so damn lucky.

But I hope you realized it soon that I like you too Hanabi Fukunada.

If only I could see the future then I would've stopped Hanabi from going to Yamato's party, even if it takes us to miss it.

We were on our way together to Yamato's house until a random vehicle came on the rush, stupid enough to never realize that there were two elementary. That bastard just came honking at us so late that we didn't have the chance to move. The flash was so light that I was also scared to move, I wanted to push Hanabi out of the way but Hanabi pushed me back as she got hit by herself.

I couldn't save her back then.

I wasn't in touch with anyone and visit her often, I started to dislike Yamato for not answering my visits. His mom always told me that he's not inside whenever I visit once then we were never in touch with Yamato. It was strange to see Mrs. Yawazaki with a gloomy look, her eyes were gloomy as if her eyes were filled of despair. For the first time I've seen her so depressed so I stopped visiting Yamato.

Soon, Hanabi was discharged from the hospital and then Yamato left.

I was probably the only one left in this town. It's just sad to think that my friends left me alone in this shitty town.

As the time passed by, I told myself these feelings I have for Hanabi are nothing but puppy love, I told myself I don't love her... I just like her and soon these feelings would go away once we grew up. But when I saw her again after 7 years I realized... I still like her like... Damn.. My feelings are too determined.

It was 4 days ago after we helped Hanabi's friend from her date. I hate to look at the both of them being closed as they were before. So I had to turn my head and look away.

"Yo." Kei said.

I met up with Kei on my way.

"Don't think I didn't notice." Kei said winking his eye. "I'm glad to see the trio is back on the game, except we don't have Aoi yet."

"No." I immediately replied. "Wanna go and grab something to eat?" I asked him so suddenly. He scratched his head and before he could refuse my request I forcibly pulled him next to me and went to a nearby ramen house.

"Look bro, I just finished my date and I don't need another date with you!" He struggled from my grip.

But in the end, he ended up getting an udon with me.

"It's on me." He said as he ordered a single udon.

"Thanks but, What about you?" I asked.

"I'm already full." he replied.