Chapter Fourteen

//Video for the song in this chapter is in the side//

Johanna and Mark had gone home a few weeks ago so the house had become lonely and silent. I lay on the floor in the large living room staring at the ceiling begging for Jennifer to come back. I loved Grace with all of my heart, like she was my own, but I couldn’t do it alone.

With everything mounting up, I felt my body shake. Niall had moved from our house next door to a smaller house in the middle on London to be with Liam and Zayn so I was well and truly on my own. I had got half of the money for the house seeing as it had been my house too and all of my belongings had been moved into this house. I hated seeing my crap in places where Louis and Samantha’s possessions had been a few days ago. It was the middle of May and as a band, we had scheduled some studio time late last year but it had been cancelled after the accident. I felt empty and alone. I could hear Grace snoring on the baby radio which comforted me, but I still wanted someone to talk to and tell me that everything was going to be OK.

A while later I was still laying on the floor. A key began turning in the front door. All of the boys had a key so I wondered which one had come to check up on me. 

“What are you doing?” I heard Liam ask me. I looked up at the door to the living room and sighed.

“Just... chilling.” I replied.

“Oh, well we’ve got something to say to you.” Niall said with a stern look on his face, Liam looked more sombre. I got up and sat down on the sofa. “What are you doing?” Niall asked me.

“Well, I was laying on the floor, now I’m sitting on the sofa.” I replied. Niall shook his head. 

“He meant what are you doing with you life?” Liam corrected me.

“I’m looking after Grace.” 

“So are you not with us any more?” Liam asked. Niall put his head in his hands and sighed.

“I don’t know. You all moved away from me!” I said, getting up and walking out to get a glass of water. I removed myself from the conversation before I cried and shakily put the glass to my lips. Grace began to cry so I ran through the room and up the stairs to deal with Grace. 

“Come on honey.” I lulled, humming a tune to her. Slowly she settled down and before I knew it Liam had brought up a warm milk bottle and fed it to her for me.

“Go and get changed man. You stink!” Liam demanded. I slumped off to my bedroom and got changed from my grey sweatpants to some jeans and a black t-shirt.

Leaving Grace to Liam I went down stairs and sat down with Niall. “What did you really come here for?” I asked him. “Cards on the table now. No bullshit. Just cut to the chase.”

“An intervention!” Liam said cheerfully as he came through the door, scaring me a little. Liam handed Niall a guitar and he began to strum it. I smiled knowing that they would have put a lot of thought into it. Songs meant more to them than they did to any one else I knew. It was a way of getting through to someone when words failed, which made me wonder if I’d missed something. Was this a final attempt at something I knew nothing about? They took turns in singing solo’s and harmonised with each other.

Calm down, deep breaths.

And get yourself dress instead of running around

and pulling your threads saying 

Breaking yourself up

If it’s a broken part, replace it

But, if it’s a broken arm then brace it