Best friends since childhood -Carl

Requested by Abigailbreslin55

It was just another old boring day at the prison, nothing new happened and now it's just boring. You where in your cell lying on your bed thinking about how it use to before the world went to hell. You where quickly pulled out of your thoughts when you heard a knock at the cell door.

"Hey Ann, I was just wondering if you wanted to come for a walk with me?" You heard Carl ask as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You felt a smile creep up onto your face as you saw Carl was nervous.

"Sure I would love to." You laughed lightly as you hopped out of bed and out of your cell.

"So how come you wanted to go for a walk? It's not like you to randomly want to go for a walk." You smiled lightly as you hear Carl chuckle a little.

"Well I had nothing else to do and I wanted to come and see you." He smiled at you before he nudged you, you laughed before nudging him back harder.

"Ouch that hurt." You heard Carl fake groan before pouting. You just rolled your eyes.

"Man up Carl, stop acting like a baby." You laughed, Carl started to laugh as well but the laugher quickly died down.

"Don't you miss this?" You heard Carl ask as you two came to a holt.

"Miss what?" You questioned, you saw Carl's eyes turn sad before he turned and faced you.

"How the world use to be. We where happy, we didn't have to hunt for food, kill people and live in a prison. Remember when we where little and we could run around the street without a care in the world? Now we have to constantly watch our backs and sleep with one eye open just incase something happens. Don't you miss being free and happy?" You heard Carl speak his words showing so much emotion and sadness it made your heart ache a little.

"Yes I do, I miss wanting to go for night walks without carrying a weapon, I miss being free but right now we just need to focus on surviving." You whispered as the image of your parents popped into your mind. You signed trying to get the image out of your head.

"I guess your right Ann, all we need to focus on is surviving and killing the walkers." Carl signed before walking down the cell hall with you following being him.

"We will get through this, I remember when you always use to tell me not to give up because something good always happens at the end yet your thinking like this Carl." You whimpered as you grabbed his hand making him stop walking and freeze for a second.

"I know but what is left of the world? Nothing, the walkers walk the streets day and night killing anything that moves and we are suppose to be happy?" You heard the anger in Carl's voice as he let go of your hand.

"Carl look where we are, we are in a prison away and protected from the walkers. We are safe that's why we should be happy?" You smiled a little as you same him nod in agreement.

"I guess your right." You heard him say before looking outside.

"Well it's getting late and I need to put Judith to bed I'll come and see you after ok?" You heard Cark question as he looked into your eyes waiting for an answer.

"That's fine Carl you know where my cell is." You smiled before giving him a hug and heading back to your cell.

You started to get lost in your thoughts as what Carl had said hit you like a brick. We are trapped we aren't free, the world is like this and will be forever. There is no going back now what so ever.

You looked down noticing the little bracelet your parents gave you for your birthday last year. You smiled at the memory, Carl came over and surprised you with a cake. You smiled at the memory, you missed your parents. You missed your Mums hugs and kisses and your Dads jokes and pranks her use to pull on you. You missed them and now they are dead.

Flashback

"Ann come on they are coming!" You heard your mother yell as you saw a huge group of zombies heading your way.

You quickly turned around and started running with your parents. Mum and Dad have volunteered to go hunting and now we are being chased by zombies.

"We can't lose them!" You shouted as you saw more and more coming your way.

You saw mum turn around and stop as she waited for you to catch up. As she stopped you felt your heart drop as you saw a walker attack her.

"No mum!" You screamed quickly running over to her but it was to late, the walker had already bit into her neck.

You quickly stabbed the walker in the head making sure it was dead you then threw it off your mum.

"Mum! Mum! Talk to me!! Say anything!!" You screamed at her waiting for her to show any sigh of movement but there was nothing.

You felt tears well up into your eyes as you saw her lifeless body. She was dead... Dead.

You also let got up moving away form the body slowly as you looked around to try and find your dad.

"Dad?" You whispered as you could hear moans and groans in the distance.

"Dad where are you?" You questioned as you felt panic hit you.

You quickly ran to see if he had gone a head but something caught your eye. Slowing down you stopped and saw a walker eating and ripping the flesh off the body of the floor. It was dad, you felt your whole body go numb with emotion and pain, you slowly walked up to the body hoping you where wrong but you knew you where right.

"What do I do?" You whispered to yourself as you heard the walkers moans and groans from a far distance.

You felt tears run down your cheeks as you could remember that day like it happened yesterday.

"Ann?" You heard a voice call from your cell door, you quickly wiped the tears from your face and turned round seeing it was Carl.

"What's wrong?" You heard Carl question as he saw tears well up in your eyes.

"It was my fault my parents died." You sobbed as Carl quickly pulled you into his chest.

"No it wasn't Ann, remember what we talked about, it's not your fault they died." He spoke softly whilst running your back.

"No Carl it was my fault if only I ran quicker." You sobbed as you felt yourself start to shake.

You felt Carl's arms tighten round you and he rested his head on yours.

"Ann please stop crying it hurts me seeing you like this." He whispered as he rubbed your back lightly trying to calm you down.

"It wasn't your fault, believe me when I say that ok." He spoke as he kissed the top of your forehead.

"I hate seeing you cry it hurts so much be used I hate seeing someone who I care about so much be hurt." You heard Carl whisper as he pulled you closer.

You felt your heart skip a beat as you just noticed what Carl just did. You looked up at him seeing he was looking down at you.

"Iv always cared about you Ann, ever since we where eight." He smiled before slowly leaning in and pressing his soft lips on yours.

You kissed back immediately feeling yourself melt into him. After a few minutes your two pulled away and you saw Carl smile as he kissed your forehead.

"I love you Ann." You heard him say softly as he looked into your eyes.

---------
A/N
Hey everyone I'm so sorry this took so long to update. But now I will be getting back into updating regularly now <3 I'm also working on something new!!!

Please Follow, Vote and Comment
Thank you <3