♥Chapter 6♥

''Don't build a wall around your own suffering or it may devour you from the inside.'' - Frida Kahlo

Iris stood in front of the mirror in her room, looking at her reflection. Pierce was about to pick her up any minute now and she was still unsure of the outfit she had chose, a pale pink midi dress. 

She hadn't been on a date in a long  time so it was only natural that she was a little nervous, especially when her date was with an older man.

After she had retouched her makeup, her phone beeped, signalling that Pierce had arrived and was waiting for her outside. She put on her nude heels, switched off all the lights and ran out of the front.

''You look gorgeous, Iris,'' He greeted her with a smile before driving off.

''Thank you, you don't look bad yourself,'' She said as she took in his black dress shirt and black dress pants. Black looked good on him, well honestly every colour looked good on him.

''So how are you feeling?''

''I have to admit that I am a little bit nervous, to be honest. Going on dates isn't something that I do regularly.''

''I have to agree with you here. This is my first real date in more than a year and a half so I'm quite nervous myself,'' He laughed.

''That makes me a little more at ease,'' She smiled.

After twenty or so minutes of polite conversation, Pierce parked the car in front of a modern looking building and got out to hold the car door open for her, he was such a gentleman.

They walked inside together with his arm wrapped around her waist. There were a few people here and there, but the art exhibition had just started so it was normal that there weren't a lot of people yet.

''Pierce, you made it! And you brought a guest!'' A dark skinned man came running to greet them as soon as they walked in.

''Michael, long time no see my friend. This is, Iris, a good friend of mine. Iris, this is a long time friend of mine, and the artist of this exhibition,'' Pierce introduced them after Michael hugged him.

''Iris, such a pretty name for a beautiful girl,'' He was about to say something else when a man dressed in a suit called his name from the other side of the room. ''I'm sorry, but my boyfriend is calling me, he can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. I hope you aren't like that, Pierce. If he is give me a call and I'll show him how to treat you right. Enjoy the exhibition!'' He hugged them for one last time before walking back to his boyfriend who was frowning.

''He seems nice,'' Iris told Pierce after Michael was out of ear shot.

''He really is, I would like for you to get to know each other better, he is like a brother to me.''

''I would love that, maybe we can go on a double date!'' 

''That's actually a really good idea. Now let's start looking at all his paintings before this place gets flooded with people,'' Pierce took her hand in his and walked towards the first painting, a colourful modern one. 

They spent the rest of the hour looking at all the paintings there, commenting on each one, saying what they liked, what they didn't and what they would change.