Chapter One - Hear Me Out

"ICHIMATSU!!" I shouted even if I knew it wouldn't do anything.

"Sir-- Please, you're not allowed to go inside." The nurses keeps on pushing me. I can see him through the windows. I am not satisfied. I want to be there. I want to hold his hands and tell him I'm here for him.

"I'M NOT GOING TO LET HIM DIE INSIDE THERE!!" I kept forcing them to let me in. But what would I do if I was inside? I'm no doctor. All I can do is hold his hand and keep shouting his name.

The nurses grew tired of me and held me back, locking the door, yet I can still see him through the window. It hurts. It hurts so much to watch and not be able to do anything.

"His heart stopped beating-- Commence defibrillation process." The people from the inside said.

The tears wouldn't stop escaping my eyes. I kept banging my hand against the glass, shouting his name in hopes he will hear me. The device touches his skin and I am forced to watch these people try to revive him, I closed my eyes because I didn't want to watch for I am scared of what may happen. I never asked for this. I never asked to lose him. From all the people, why did it have to be him? Why couldn't it be me who took his place instead?

The door beside me opens, I open my eyes to see who it was, it's just the doctor. "I'm sorry sir, but there was nothing more we could do." He tells me.

Nothing more? Are you trying to tell me that he's gone? I look at the window, dead. Ichimatsu was always silent, but the silence he gives right now is unbearable. It destroys me. I feel the both my anger and sadness mixing, a heavy feeling in my chest, I have gained.

I grabbed the doctor by his collar and reached for my wallet, showing it to his face, "THIS IS ALL YOU WANT, ISN'T IT? I AM PREPARED TO PAY A SHIT TON OF MONEY JUST FOR YOU TO BRING HIM BACK, NAME YOUR PRICE AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU!!" I shout. I know to myself I am not wealthy, but I am prepared to try. For him.

My grab loosens and I break down, I find myself on my knees, pleading.

"Just bring him back, please, I beg of you."

The doctor looks at me, I could tell he feels sorry for me, he wants to say something but I know he can't for it will just hurt me even more.

"Karamatsu, come here." A voice tells me.

I look to see who it is, it was no other than my big brother, Osomatsu.