Chapter 12: Friend or Foe

You were practicing by yourself in the training area, trying out your new lightsaber. You spun around and stopped right on time, your saber an inch from Kylo's neck.

He didn't even flinched. You turned your saber off and hung it on your belt.

"Hey," you said.

"Hey," he replied, pressing his forehead against yours. "You know, your training is almost done. You just have to past one, last test. "

"What's the test I have to complete?" You asked, feeling something foul in your guts.

The alarm sounded off, for a second, deafening you. Red lights flashed and snowtroopers can be heard in the halls, running and barking orders.

"What's going on?" You panicked, looking up at Kylo Ren.

"Looks like finals day has come." He smiled evilly and ran out to the hall, his saber on.

You stood there confused, gears turning in your head. You totally forgot about the danger outside the training area, until Phasma called out for you to help out.

You ran through the halls, securing the perimeter. You got to the mess hall and saw someone very familiar. Poe Dameron.

"Y/N?" He called out. He had a blaster in hand, but didn't aim it at you. "What are you doing?" Before he could ask more questions, you ran up to him and hugged your brother you never had. Of course, he gave you a warm hug back.

"How'd you escape?" He asked.

"I didn't." You answered.

"What do you mean?"

"He trained me."

"Well, your training is done. Let's go and get out of here." He decided, quickly, taking your hand and running towards the hole in the wall. You slipped away from his grasp.

"What are you doing? Lets go!" Poe yelled, in panic.

"No. I have to get him."

"Who? Please say you haven't developed feelings for the monster, Y/N! He's a murderer. Let's go!" He yelled, attempting to grab your wrist. You pivoted and ran to look for Kylo Ren. You ran and ran, until you arrived outside the front gate.

Kylo was trying to fight off some Resistance fighters. You could spot Leia being protected by Chewie at the back. Some snowtroopers were still up and fighting, while others lay motionless against the white snow.

"Stop!" You yelled through the blaster noises, your new saber on. You jumped in front of Kylo, so General Leia could see who you were. Everyone fell silent, only the wind howling. Every Resistance fighter knew you and didn't want to harm you. Chewie broke the silence and purred, calling out to both you and Leia.

"Y/N?" Leia stepped up, from behind the fighters, a confused and relieved look on her face. "Come here, Y/N. You're safe, now." She said, holding out her hand. "We'll take care of him."

"No! Don't hurt him!" You yelled.

"We have to take him away. He's dangerous. You must understand." Leia pleaded. But, You didn't back down. You won't let him go. You can't let him go.

I took out my lightsaber and turned it on, just to scare them away. Most of the Resistance fighters backed up and a frightened expression spread over Leia's face. At the side of your eye, you spotted Poe, his jacket ripped. He stopped, confused by your actions. 

"If you don't move, we will be forced to shoot." Nien Nunb said. "Don't force us to do this. Please."

"If Kylo Ren dies, I'll die with him." You announced. 

"You have to pick a side, Y/N. If you pick the dark side, we will shoot. If you choose the light side, put down your lightsaber." Leia said. 

MUST READ A/N: You get to actually choose a side: dark side, light side and neutral. Those will be the names of the three chapters. You could read them all or just read the chapter of your choice. Your choice will determine your fate. Choose wisely, young padawan.