Chapter 4: Dog Tags

Kylo Ren's POV:
I felt bad I threw away her dog tag. I regret it. It is already 12 midnight and I can still hear faint sobs from her room. I really did break her heart.

The last time I saw her, she was laying on the floor, crying. What if she fell asleep there? I didn't want her to have a bad night, so I decided to check on her.

I quietly pushed in the code and the door slid open. She is lying on the floor. I tiptoed next to her and carried her, bridal style, once again. I gently put her down, onto the soft mattress.

Before I put the blanket over her, she put her hands around my neck and pulled me onto the bed, I don't think she knows what she's doing.

I was about to stand and change, since I was still in my cloak, but she wouldn't let me go. So I just gave up. I laid there, Y/N's hands around my waist. She nuzzled against my chest. I didn't want to wake her up, plus she was so warm.
I wonder what she was dreaming about. Since I need to find out what she was thinking, I entered her mind.

Dream:
Y/N's POV:
You ran towards Ben's room, hoping he would still be there. You arrived at his door, hiding your clutched hand behind your back.

"Hey." You gasped, catching your breath. He was sitting on his bed staring at something. You walked over And sat next to him.

"What's that?" You asked, curiously.

"Its a lucky charm." He replied, not making contact. He seemed so deep in his thoughts. Like nothing can wake him up.

"Who gave it to you?" You asked, not noticing what was written at the other side of the dog tag.

"You mean, who am I going to give it to." He corrected you, making eye contact. He put the chain around your neck, before you got to ask for who. You looked at the tag and engraved on it was his name. Ben Solo. A smile grew on your face and you hugged him, almost falling over.

"I have something for you, too." You opened your fist, revealing another dog tag. Engraved on it, was your name. So he wouldn't forget you.
You put it around his neck and a smile also grew in his face.

With his left hand, he cupped your cheek and leaned in for a kiss, before he left for training. But, then, Han Solo tripped into the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't eavesdropping." He said, trying to sound legit.

"Oh, c'mon, dad!" Ben moaned. Han left and when Ben was about to exit, you jumped up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't turn to the dark side, Ben. Come back safe and we can finally be together." You teased.

"I'll never leave you." Ben promised.

Real world:
Kylo Ren's POV:
A single tear rolled down my cheek. I promised Y/N that I wouldn't turn to the dark side. But I wasn't Strong enough to keep that promise.

I left her alone for years. In the dark. I'm truly sorry, Y/N.