Chapter Three - Leaf The Way

You smile, summoning the menu. You're hand is already on the reset button when Flowey interrupts.

"Wh-what are you doing? We had a deal!"

"Exactly, but who knows how much I screwed up by being here for so long. It's better to begin with a clean start."

He grumbles some words, and you're falling again. You land on the flowers, immediately shooting up, excitedly.

You can finally talk to someone, who isn't as predictable as everyone else. Who doesn't fallow a script. That is, if he even wants to talk.

He shoots out of the soil next to you, and glares.

You smile, ignoring his reluctance to help you. You attempt to touch him, and he bites your finger.

"Ow, that's rude!"

He glares, "Don't touch me. Just because I'm helping you doesn't mean we're going to be friends."

You hold your hand close to your chest, it's bleeding slightly, but not enough to cause a reset. "You've always been my friend, Flowey."

His glare turns murderous, "Oh really, why don't we go and make fucking friendship bracelets. Listen, I am not doing this for you, I'm doing this so you'll leave me alone."

You frown, "I know that, you only care about yourself, I get that. You don't have to tell me. But your also the only person who I can talk to about resets and they won't try to kill me," you cough out a 'Sans' before continuing. "Thus you're my only friend down here. Trust me, if I had choices, you would be last."

Your words, although honest, hurt the flowers feelings. He did only care for himself, but he didn't like the thought of you not caring for him. Saying he would be your last choice pissed him
off.

"Let's just go!" He huffs impatiently.

You hopped to your feet, unaware to Floweys sudden change of attitude.

"Leaf the way."

He turned back towards you, fuming.

"Don't."

You laugh, and Flowey turns away, blushing.

He really likes that sound.

"And you said I sounded like Sans."

You laugh again, unable to contain yourself.

The flower faintly smiles to himself, proud he made you laugh. Obviously making sure you can't see.

While he's distracted you dig your hands into the dirt and pull him out.

He yells, surprised.

You giggle, happy that you were able to pick him up. He glares at you, but you continue walking towards Toriels house.  You keep him arms length away from your body, worried he might bite you again.

"Where is Toriel?" You ask more to yourself than anyone.

"Like I know!"

You glare at him, and he wiggles around in your hands, trying to get you to drop him.

"Stop that!"

"Put me down!"

He's glaring daggers at you. "If I drop you how are you going to lead me?"

"I'll pop out once in awhile, and tell you where to go."

You can't help but laugh at that thought, "Like the weasel game!"

He looks confused, "What's that?"

You laugh again. "Oh yeah, you're from here. You wouldn't know. I'll show you when we get out."

'We,' he liked that idea.

"Well at least don't hold me so far away."

You glare at him for a second, "Promise you won't bite me."

He glares back, "No."