I Could Have Danced All Night

Start from the beginning

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

(Next morning, 11ish)

 Aisha’s POV

 I crack my eyes open to an empty bed and immediately worry. Sitting up, I look around, wondering where Darren’s gone. Speak of the devil and I hear my bathroom door crack open and see Darren come out in nothing but a towel, hair wet and mussed up. Smiling, I whisper “Hey.”

 He smiles back, limping across the room to sit on the bed by me. He still needs his crutches, but can make it around home without, with a limp.

 “Hey,” he whispers, kissing me gently good morning, before getting up and going to his drawer. Yes, he has a drawer. I have a drawer at his apartment, so that we’re not wearing the same clothes the next morning.

 He chooses some clothes as I get up and wrap the sheet around me, going over to Darren and putting my arms around him from behind and take one of his big, old button down shirts, before running off into the bathroom before he can question me.

 20 minutes later I walk out in Darren’s shirt and go over to him. He’s in the living room and I sit next to him on the couch, putting my feet up and leaning on the arm of the chair, my feet in his lap. He passes me a cup of coffee, milky, exactly as I like it.

 “Thank you, Dare,” I say, smiling as I take a sip.

 “You know that’s my shirt, right?” Darren says.

  “It looks better on me,” I say, smiling, putting my coffee cup down on the table.

  He smiles at me innocently and I laugh but it quickly turns into a squeal as Darren takes hold of my thighs and pulls me into his lap.

 He laughs and says: “Yes. It. Does. Look. Better. On. You.” He whispers, pecking my lips between each word.

 “I know,” I say sassily. At least I thought it was sassy…

 We laugh and joke around (A/N: what song is that from?? It’s really bugging me) like that for another half hour or so before thinking lunch would be a good idea. I decided that I couldn’t be bothered to cook, and Darren is a lost cause in that field so we choose to order in some pizza.

 20 minutes later the doorbell rings and I think it’s the guy for the pizza and go to answer the door. Out of routine, I check the peephole and find none other than MY MOM at the door.

 I rush back inside and past Darren, cursing colourfully as I go into my room and pull on a pair of black, tight fitting leggings and a belt, making Darren’s shirt look like my own with the accessories.

 “Who’s at the door?” Darren asks.

 “My Mom,” I say back, thanking that he decided to dress properly in the morning, and that his hair was dry.

 “Sooo?” Darren asks, pulling a cute confused face.

 “Sooo, Dare, my Mom isn’t really into the whole sex before marriage thing, at all.”

 “Ah,” He says as I rush towards the door and let her in.

 “Hey Mom, I thought you weren’t coming till tomorrow.” My parents were supposed to be flying in tomorrow and spending the week here for the finale of the competition.

 “Yes, but we wanted to surprise you,” She says, giving me a hug that I return enthusiastically, happy that she’s actually there.

 “Where’s Dad?” I ask as I usher her inside.

 “He had something to take care of, but he’s on his way,” Mom replies, as we walk into the living room and Darren stands up.

 “Hi Mrs Gupta,” He says, politely as always.

 “Oh, hi Darren dear, how are you?” She says, giving him a hug, and gushing into other niceties.

 Whilst that was happening, I notice…an item of clothing, I’ll say, in the corner of the room and go to stand in front of it, hoping Mom didn’t notice.

 “Aisha, what are you doing stood there? Come over here, fill me in, I’ve missed so much!” I discreetly kick the item of clothing under the sofa to Darren, hoping he’ll get the hint to get it out of sight, before moving, keeping Mom’s attention so she won’t look at Darren.

 Darren looks down at his feet, wide eyed as he notices the pair of boxer shorts on the floor there.

 “The competition’s been awesome, a bit difficult balancing it with everything else…” I talk loudly, answering Mom’s question as I see Darren pick up the shorts and stuff them in his pocket at lightning speed.

 “But she’s been amazing in it, all the same,” He says, smiling at me sweetly as he comes into the conversation.

 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 This will be pretty long, but I don’t do long author notes usually, so please hear me out.

 Firstly: KLAINE!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

Secondly: I am going to be REAALLLY busy in a week, when I get back in to classes, so updates will be slow then, that’s why I’m trying to write LOADS now, to have updates listed up for every two weeks so, for then, but don’t hold me to that :)

 Thirdly: I’m thinking of doing a sequel of this story, so PLEASE tell me if you think I should, you will see why in the next few chapters, but I’m not sure yet, whether I should keep it in one story or do a sequel. Please comment if you want/don’t want a sequel, and help me out. :D

 If I do end up writing a sequel it means that there is only a few more chapters of this story, so I’m not sure whether I should write a sequel or not???

 Fourthly: I have changed my username from StarkidGleeek101 to DreamingToSmile, as I’m contemplating writing a few original stories, and for that a change was in order. Don’t hold me to that though; I might never end up writing them. :D

Lastly: I found out that the song from the middle of the chapter that I wasn’t sure about is Mardy Bum by the Artic Monkeys. If you haven’t heard it then you are still not fully educated in music and should go look it up right now, you will no doubt love it.

 Votes are always appreciated, and they mean A LOT to me! :D

I love all you awesome people for reading this story, and sticking by it, so thank you!! :D

 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>